Friday, November 26, 2010

Wisconsin - woohoo

I tired my best to get up to bed early last night knowing we were trying to be up and out early this morning but chemo brain kicks in and I think I made it up around 2AM. I know Nick crawled into our bed at 6AM and Rob crawled out. Rob did his black Friday shopping at Home Depot while the rest of us slept. I tried to get onto the Toys r Us website last night and it was so slow I just forgot about it.
We were all up by 8AM and had a bit to eat - I ran to the post office to mail off my ebay packages and picked up some breakfast on the way home. We packed up the car and were on our way to Mom and Dad's to caravan our way out of town. The ride up was uneventful and we tried to begin our adventures at the Children's Museum but there was only meter parking and between the 3 cars and the price per 10 minutes we decided to start at the Milwaukee Public Museum - similar to Field Museum. We walked through the exhibits but the highlights were the old town candy store and the butterfly exhibit - similar to Notebart but way better. Ole was the first to catch a butterfly but it was only a matter of time before we all had them. They were beautiful and the boys didn't know what to think about them being so close. We walked through the dinosaurs and then the continents before we had definitely had enough and decided to call it a day.
Mom wanted to hit Penzey's - a Milwaukee area spice company - UB had given us a couple bottles of their spices and they were wonderful. Thanks to GPS we were routed to Penzey's and collected out fair share of spices. We checked into the hotel and gave the kids a bit of time to dance and giggle out all their silliness. We went down to the manager's reception and had some snacks and cocktails - the hotel has decorated Christmas trees throughout and we were able to sit right beside one.
We picked up our jackets and though we would walk across the parking lot to Champs for dinner but there was an hour wait - we ended up at an empty restaurant for a quick dinner and then off to Blain's Farm and Fleet. We don't have Farm and Fleet's by us so its always a thrill, however, there was very little clearance there. I did find the crayola set I was looking for there for Ellie for Christmas - I had Rob pay for it and hide it in the car before she noticed. We found some quirky stuff - sock monkey led mini-snowglobes.
We came back to the hotel - the kids and Rob went swimming, I had a glass of wine with Mom and Dad and Jo and Ole put Tony to sleep. On the way up for ice swimming (apparently the pool water was pretty cold) they stopped at the front desk for milk and cookies - pretty cute. We got the kids switched out to pjs and got their vitamins and off to bed they went. Rob and I are sitting in the living room section of our room watching tv. I realized that Scarlett had a fitting error last night when she changed - she was dressed about 1 1/2" too high and it was quite painful today - thankfully, I was able to adjust and re-stick the adhesive.
We ran into Walgreens to pick up band-aids just in case the adhesive doesn't stay stuck and I found they had snowflakes lights not too different from ours on sale and we got some refreshments for the weekend. I know this is out of sequence but this won't let me cut and paste and I quite frankly don't feel like re-typing it again. No big plans for the rest of the weekend - we have some ideas out there. Visualising me healthy and continually recovering body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment