Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mid week Wednesday

I was not at all tired last night which is problematic in the sleep department. I stayed up until until a bit past 1 and then passed out on the couch. I woke up around 5 and thought it was ridiculous to go up to bed for the remainder of the "night" so I stayed on the couch and said good morning to Rob when he came down to leave for work. Both Ellie and Nick were awake upstairs and I invited them down but neither moved so I went up. We all went in my bed and cuddled together and then they abandoned me to play in Nick's room.
We had breakfast together and Nick picked out his "Gramps" shirt for pictures and I pressed it - if you are wondering what makes it a "Gramps" shirt - it is a button down, collared shirt. Nick's choice just happened to have surf boards and Woody cars on it. Ellie picked out her clothes for the day and we played until it was time to go to the bus and leave for school. Nick woke up with sort of behaving hair - we did wet it slightly and apply some product to keep his sides in order. We drove to school and Nick got to play on the playground for a couple minutes before they opened the door to let the kids in.
I went over to Mom's to visit Tony and play with him - I got the best loving for him today - even a little back pat while I hugged him. I had a cup of coffee and read the paper and we just kind of had a lazy morning. We all went to pick Nick up from school and then we went to Big Lots for a bit of shopping. We probably should have done lunch first because we were in bad shape by the end of the shopping trip. We did get some cool things there today - Nick and Tony both got fleece hats and mitten sets - Spiderman and Elmo, I got Ellie some more of her favorite tuna lunch packs and we found little spiced cider single packs you just add to hot water - how cool.
We pulled through a drive thru and went to the forest preserve for a picnic lunch. The boys were engrossed in their dvd so it was a pretty quiet lunch. We went back to Mom's and the boys played with Thomas for a bit before Nick and I went home to get Ellie. I was able to get a quick chat in with Christi before the bus came - nice to catch up and we will be driving together tomorrow to pick up our stuff for the race on Saturday.
Ellie got of the bus and we decided to take advantage of the beautiful day and take a walk around the block. Nick drove in his truck and Ellie and I walked and we picked up leaves as we went - there are some beautiful leaves falling still. We came back home and Nick made leaf stew again and then he and Ellie played gas station for a couple more minutes. The problem with the time change is there isn't a whole bunch of sunshine after school. We came in and Nick watched Arthur while Ellie played Barbies. I started the meatloaf for dinner - it was family dinner night. Rob came home and I talked him into giving stinky boy a bath. Mom came over and we started the rest of dinner - cauliflower, asparagus and fruit salad. I had the meatloaf in the oven and the alfredo pasta from the other night and I had started some applesauce cooking.
We had a lovely fall feast tonight - everything tasted good and Nick ate his weight in fruit salad and applesauce. While I cleaned up dinner - Nick and Dad went upstairs to re-do his train table track - Ellie joined them. We had a pumpkin angel food cake for dessert tonight and it was good but had weird undertones of mint. Nick danced for Dad and Ellie and Mom did some flashcards. Rob took Nick up to bed and Ellie and I called Christi to firm up plans for tomorrow - Christi was out so Catherine and Ellie talked on the phone to plan their play date for tomorrow - apparently a Barbie play date and a very detailed inventory - the conversation was too funny.
I have decided to be fair and name my port - I am still debating the name but it will be decided soon. It is healing nicely and just bugs me occasionally now - I have found I notice it most when I stretch to reach something. I have decided that since I have this race to do on Saturday that I am just keeping socks on my feet and ignoring them - if I have my socks off I eventually can feel that the skin is peeling and I start to peel it off and I know from experience it peels so deeply that the new skin isn't ready yet. Saturday is not looking so warm and dry so can we all collectively blow the rain out of the morning part of the day - it can start up again somewhere around 10:30 or so but if it could be dry between 8 and 10:30 that would be wonderful. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Have a good one today...it's good that all of you have partners for play time. It was a crazy fun time yesterday....I can do without the meltdowns...the kids and US! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete