Saturday, November 20, 2010

Shopping Saturday

I was so tired last night and had such a splitting headaches that the light from the tv was hurting me - I called it a night around 10:00 and went up to bed - did you hear that - I slept in our bed last night - all night. Rob was nice and let me fall into a deep sleep before he ventured up - I didn't even know he came in - I guess we kind of traded places last night. The bed felt good on all my aching parts and it was so quiet in our room compared to down in the back room. Nick was the first up followed by Rob and then Ellie - I slept in until 8:00. I had asked Jo yesterday if she felt like going to Target today and she said she would let me know in the morning - she said yes.
Rob was busy doing a couple jobs today so we had the entire day to play - we got dressed and then went to pick up Jo and Tony. I had a 10% off to use at Target so we decided to leave Cook County and venture North so that the coupon was more than just tax - we were on our way to the Vernon Hills Target. On the way out we hit the Popcorn Factory and got some car snacks and bribery - I found white cheddar popcorn reduced to 6 big bags for $5.00 - this would be the favorite flavor in our house and it isn't as messy as the regular cheddar. We got to Target and it seemed like we shopped forever - I was able to pick Nick up footie pjs in the next size and some new shoes. I got a replacement vacuum - Rob was vacuuming about a month ago and rolled over a sock and the vacuum hasn't sucked the same since. I found snowflake lights to hang outside - this was the closest thing that I have seen to what I was envisioning. The boys were in meltdown mode - so we checked out and pulled through Wendy's to pick up so lunch thinking that food might help our meltdown situation - not quite.
We filled up at the gas station because gas is so much cheaper in Lake County and then stopped at Ryerson Woods on our way back home. The kids had sat in the car and then the carts long enough so we let them run and see the chickens and hens, goats and sheep and then the owl and hawk. Nick kept falling and losing his crocs and then Tony would imitate him - hysterical. Tony also pulled his Forrest Gump impersonation and when we were ready to go back to the car he took off in the opposite direction. We finally made it back to the car and turned our seat heaters on - it was cold out in the woods. Tony fell asleep in the car and Jo invited us back to her house for a bit.
Ole met us at the car to help carry in and T stayed asleep for a transfer into his bed. Ellie and Nick were delighted to play with Tony's toys and I helped Jo clean out T's toy bins - one of those things you just need to do when the you can. Jo and Ole ordered a couple pizzas and put uploaded Monsters Inc on Netflix and Nick and Ellie ate some popcorn and watched the movie. I took a ride with Jo to Salvation to drop off the toy bin donations and Ole watched the kiddos. A couple pulled in while we were unloading and they were unloading a couch Jo really liked. We came back and Tony woke up a bit later and we stayed so the kids could play with him but by then Nick was all too comfortable with T's toys and sharing became an issue. We said our goodbyes and came home - Rob was here and helped us unload.
I switched loads of laundry and un-loaded our Target bags and rob put together the new vacuum. The kids played with this ginormous box Rob brought home from work and then they had the added vacuum box. Jo sent Nick home with a couple cars and Ellie home with a dvd. We had a leftover dinner while the kids had a picnic and watched the end of Tinkerbell before we turned on the Mag Mile Festival of Lights parade. Rob took nick up to bed and Ellie and I cuddled on the couch while watching food network.
Let's see - today was body aches again with intermittent headaches. I have some tugging pain around Plum. Just when I was pretty sure I had finally said goodbye to the pain in my butt when a door hit it or I used it to shut a door - it is back but I am thinking that might be the neulasta. My throat is sore and I am sure hoping that does not stick around too long - adding some extra honey to my tea. Well, it is hotpad, stretch out, tea time - hope everyone enjoyed their Saturday. Visualising my healthy and continually recovering body, a laid back Sunday and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the chuckles...we're visualizing the Forest Gump scenario in the woods! Hopefully the headaches will pass. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete