Sunday, November 14, 2010

Super long Sunday

Rob and I put in a dvd last night and I made it almost all the way through before I was sleeping on the couch - Rob covered me up with the blanket and went up - I should have just followed him but I didn't and slept on the couch. I heard Rob and Ellie come down this morning and waited to get up until I heard Nick yell out. I traded places with Nick and lifted the gate so he could come down and I got into bed and slept in another hour. I had read on craigslist about a couple rummage sales today and decided to do that this morning and Rob went to church.
The kids and I got dressed and traveled out to the sales - the first was at Cancer Wellness center and we picked up a couple sweaters and shirts and Nick found a straw farmers hat. We bought a few raffle tickets - Nick didn't understand the raffle concept and thought we could just take home the pedal car. We went to the sale at Deerfield High and again found a couple clothing items and Nick found a replacement phone for his workshop and Ellie found a Cat in the Cradle and other string trick book. We stopped off at the bakery for a treat - I am happy we have a good local bakery and the one 30 minutes away isn't that good.
We came home and Nick and I watched a video on the couch and Ellie played downstairs. I promised the kids we could take out the Thomas pop up tents today and we did during the afternoon. I did some laundry and put away about 6 loads. Ellie is very excited about her email - I have turned our old laptop over to her so now her yahoo account loads automatically and she doesn't need to login. I figure it is good way to get her to practice spelling and typing.
I had an argument with Ellie this afternoon that led to a timeout and she just laughed at me - oh the tween years are going to be fun. We did a bit of cleaning up in the basement and I went through a pile of papers in the kitchen. We went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner - Mom was trying to clean out some fridge stuff so we had a pre-Thanksgiving dinner. Cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, pasta and turkey with fudgy brownies and ice cream for dessert. We changed Scarlett out - she wasn't all so happy today not sure if it the length of time since the last change or the rubbing yesterday.
We came home and had massive vitamins - Nick has a runny nose and I don't want anyone else to get sick or for him to get worse. Rob started off with Nick and I started with Ellie but we switched about half way through. Rob and I are watching our usual Sunday night tv and I have a tickle in my throat - hmm maybe time for some tea. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment