Friday, November 5, 2010

Tired Friday

Well I finally did it - I slept - well kinda slept on the couch all night. I didn't get to sleep until after 1 sometime but then was up around 3 - checked email and facebook and watched some tv - but around 3 is the time all tv - even cable switches to infomercial central. I never really got back to a deep sleep - I debated going up to bed but decided Rob would be more comfy if I stayed on the couch. I heard him get up and go to work this morning - he called at 7:30 to make sure I was up - as if. I went downstairs to do some laundry and heard Nick yelling, "Mommy." I went up and got him out of bed and got Ellie up - I figured it was going to be that kind of a morning between the sun not shining and the circus last night.
We all got dressed because it was so cold and came down for breakfast. I started some coffee to warm up and put in a couple frozen waffles so I could gulp down some tylenol. We got Ellie in her winter jacket and out to the bus stop - it was cold this morning and I was happy she had a warm jacket to be in. I fixed her some hot tea to take with her - the dreaded seasonal cough began last night. Nick and I soaked up the sun this morning and covered up with the blanket to watch some disney tv before heading over to Mom's. Nick was overly tired from last night and was in true meltdown moment by the time we got to Mom's - he was mad that I didn't bring his circus hat with.
After dealing with meltdown Nick he asked for some hot chocolate with milk and chilled out on the couch while I looked over Mom's shoulder while she was typing. Nick only wanted to watch wii tv - netflix streaming on wii - he watched some leapfrog Christmas one twice. Nick asked for cinnamon toast and ham and Mom fixed him a special plate. Mom helped me change Scarlett - we were off on the schedule this week but it was all good. Nick and I threw a blanket over us and soon I was asleep - I really needed some catch up sleep from last night.
Nick cuddled for a bit and then moved on to trains and I still slept. We eventually cleaned up and drove to get Ellie - we did stay in the car to wait for her - I could not warm up today and it was that bitter fall cold damp weather - we stayed at the bus stop with the seat heaters on and Nick at one point told me he was too hot. Ellie got off the bus and we came home. Ellie shared her Friday folder with me and then went down stairs to play Just Dance on wii with Nick.
We decided on an early dinner at Red Robin - I had a coupon for a free sandwich and its a good meal. We had a nice dinner together - both Ellie and Nick ate a good dinner and then we got our balloons and came home. We got pjs on and pulled out of the sofa bed and put in Toy Story 3 for movie night. Rob has a friend visiting from out of town and was having dinner with him. The pain comes and goes today - it is mighty intense when it is there but non existent when it is gone. I have been keeping up with my tylenol and also arnica and staphysagria - some wine tonight. A friend who has recently gone through her own cancer ordeal couldn't believe they didn't give me anything for pain management and urged me to call the doctor - I did find some tramadol from Rob's shoulder accident and if the pain is like it was last night I will take one.
Plans for the weekend - there are a couple rummage sales tomorrow and the kids are going for an overnight at Mom and Dad's tomorrow night. Maybe Rob and I will see a movie - but maybe we will both just catch up on sleep. TS3 is almost over and we are all nice and warm on the couch - I am feeling just a bit of pain. Visualising my healthy body, this port not causing so much pain and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment