Monday, November 29, 2010

Busy Monday

Last night Rob went up and I stayed up and watched crappy Sunday night tv until around midnight and then I figured I should go upstairs. I was so happy Rob set the alarm because all of us slept in - I had to wake Ellie up (2nd day in a row). Nick slept in for about 15 more minutes and then started his yelling. We all had breakfast and then I needed to make sure Ellie was ready for school and her back pack was cleaned out - I packed her lunch and a cup of tea. I watched her get on the bus and then got our clothes for the day and Nick and I got dressed. I packed my last two packages to be shipped from ebay - woohoo - now to get this weeks items listed.
Nick and I went for our days (very productive) adventure. We started at the post office and mailed our packages and then went to Constructive Playthings to return what I bought last week because I was able to buy double the quantity for the same price online. We then stopped at Salvation Army - huge success. I decided to look through women's sweater - which I never do there because I usually have the two kids and they just aggravate each other but with just Nick today it was okay. I ended up with 5 sweaters, a wool jacket and 3 shirts for Ellie (one GOTR long sleeve from a previous 5K and one sweat wicking long sleeve and a Niles West preschool sweatshirt - too funny what you can find at Salvation) all for under $20.00. We hit Walgreens - Nick wanted his own Christmas tree in his room this year - Ellie has this 3' fiber optic tree that she has in her room and I found that Walgreens had them on sale this week.
We went to Target and had a quick lunch and picked up some essentials - bread, wipes, claritin (now that I found out is might help with the bone pain from the neulasta) and paper towels. We were shopped out but stopped by Menards to look at their wreaths they had on sale - I got the nicest (cheapest) wreaths last year and cannot for the life of me remember where I got them - it wasn't Menards. We came home and un-loaded, I got to work on more loads of laundry (I swear it procreates in our house) and then I went to work on cyber Monday. I think I finished Christmas shopping for the kids today - I hit the American Girl site and picked up a couple doll outfits an outfit for Ellie and a few art kits.
We got Ellie from the bus and we all went downstairs to play - I did wii for a while with both Ellie and Nick with their own games, I set up Ellie's old fisher price art studio up on the computer for Nick (and Ellie). They played dollhouse, piano and art. Rob got home and I finished some more laundry before starting dinner. It had started to rain and I didn't feel like going out so I searched through the freezer and found chicken gyoza, chicken tenders and we had the leftover corn pudding and I added some fresh fruit. It was a good dinner because I needed to put nothing away. I took a nice, long shower because I won't get to shower again until Thursday - can't get the pump or tubing wet.
Bad news - I officially think I have a cold - my nose will not stop running and the sore throat is still present. I have upped my vitamin C and still am taking my homeopathic flu pellets. I really feel accomplished today and I am not too worse for wear. Visualising my healthy and continually recovering body, another unremarkable chemotherapy infusion and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Did the wreaths come from Trader Joes or Costco? They filled the door width and the Costco wreaths are usually wider. Trader Joes has their wreaths and some lovely, great smelling evergreen clusters available right now. If tomorrow is indeed unremarkable, maybe we can go see what you think. I have to go to Costco before Friday...I can see what they have in. Love ya...hoping tomorrow goes smoothly. Mom

    ReplyDelete