Friday, November 19, 2010

I made it through the week

Last night turned out to be fine after I took the ativan - the nausea subsided and then I was just left with some leg pain. Rob went up and I pretty much went straight to sleep - the thing I noticed was that I couldn't sleep on my side - my hips hurt too much and when I was on my back and pulled my legs up that was also uncomfortable. Perhaps my couch days need to conclude for a couple nights and I need the extra support of our foam mattress topper. I pretty much slept through the night and I heard voices upstairs around 6:30 - I told Rob to just send Nick down.
Nick came down and I made him some breakfast and re-heated my cup of tea. Rob and Ellie came down around 7:00 - Rob had switched shifts with Amy today so he didn't have to be in until 2. Rob got Ellie her breakfast and made us coffee - I got the kids their clothes and we got ready for the day. I made Ellie some tea to go to school with and off to the bus she went. Nick had school today and I wasn't sure how that was going to go because he hasn't been this week and Rob was home but it all went fine.
Rob and I took advantage of the no kid time and tried to do some Christmas shopping. We started at Toys r Us but left with nothing but a few ideas. We went to Walmart and did a mini grocery run and breezed through their toy department. We pulled into Wings resale and pulled right up to Christi's car - great minds think alike (no kids = hit the thrift stores). We walked through the store together and visited - no treasures for us but Christi found a couple things and we found out that it was 50% off everything today. We said goodbye and Rob and I stopped at Big Lots for a quick tea replenishing - I am going through a boatload of tea each day and I needed more variety.
We went to pick Nick up from school and I have to say between his new haircut and his new winter jacket today - I almost didn't recognize him. We went home and Nick had requested a trip to Grams to play but we needed to unload the groceries first. I had found a tiny package behind the front door - Mrs. B had left me a chocolate croissant from the bakery - yum. Well in the process of unloading Nick found his balloon from Kidsnips yesterday and pretty much as soon as he got it out of the car the wind took it away - inconsolable crying. I finally got him to settle down and I showed him that the wind had whisked it beyond our neighbors tree and it was gone. We had some lunch and then Nick and I went to Mom's for a bit.
The biggest thing I have noticed is that I am constantly tired and I am kind of unaware of it. I will sit down and before I realized it I am snoozing away - did that at Mom's today. We stayed until it was about time to pick up Ellie from the bus. Nick found his balloon in the tree on the corner and will probably try to convince Rob to try to get it down tomorrow. We all cuddled up on the couch and watched tv - Ellie got us all a snack and we just relaxed.
Ellie was going to go to Rob's school tonight to help out taping the jazz concert and just to have a special night out so we decided to go for an early dinner. We went to Red Robin's and had a great dinner and got replacement balloons afterwards. Nick was not really happy that Ellie was getting to go to Rob's work and not him so I told him we were going to have a special movie night. He picked Cars to watch and we got out pjs on and got under the covers and watched the movie until I felt the weight of him multiply and I knew he had fallen asleep. I carried him up to bed and now I am enjoying the peace of the house.
Exciting news of the day - my email to GOTR was placed on their blog - pretty neat. We are trying to find out if any of the coaches got a good picture of the two of us to go with our story. I think I could fall asleep right now I am yawning and feel pretty worn out. The cold outside did hit me today - I can't explain it but I had to have my mouth and nose covered because of the penetrating cold. My body aches today too - just like Connie said it would - like I have bad arthritis. Visualising my healthy and continually recovering body, a good weekend and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment