Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tangled, twisted and clean

Chemo brain set in and I have no idea what I did last night after Rob went up to bed or when I actually made it up to bed - nothing memorable - obviously. The kids and Rob were up first - I slept in a bit. We still had no plans for the day and thought about possibilities while having our coffee. We read the paper while the kids played downstairs and then the idea came to me - Tangled opened today.
I went downstairs with the one mission of packing up the items that needed to be mailed from my ebay auctions and 4 hours later both closets in the basement and a couple drawers are completely clean, organized and wow. I went through all my clothing rubbermaids and made some realistic decisions - I donated about half the remaining was sorted by size and label. I took apart every box in the closet and really got everything sorted. Hearing from Ellie's teacher, Mrs. Bart, the other evening that Ellie is her organizer - I put her to work today.
We got dressed and got out the door just in time to grab a quick bite to eat before going to the movie theatre. I looked up the showtime online and didn't realize until we got there that we were seeing it in 3D.
We got there early and the theatre was packed - we were in the highest row - which is our usual preference. Nick didn't like wearing his glasses so he watched almost the entire movie without them - if you've never seen a 3D movie without the glasses - it is fuzzy. The movie was great and even funnier than the movie was hearing the other kids in the theatre. There was a few kids who thought certain things were funny and they had the best laughs - there was a little boy next to me who was very vocal. He made a loud ouch when the evil woman fell from the balcony - it was hilarious.
We came out and it was raining so we ran into the parking lot. We came home and split up - I took the kids and went to Target and Rob ran our folding table over to the GG's house for lunch tomorrow. I was bummed - our Target didn't have anymore of my snowflake lights but I did get the guy at the service desk to refund the difference in the pj's I bought last weekend that went on sale this week. We came home and I had promised the kids that we could take out the Christmas train if they were good - we haven't had it out in probably 4 years now.
Rob's friend came over to help him move some heavier stuff from his car into the garage. I put a couple pizzas into the oven and then Ellie and I put cinnamon rolls and cookies in. I got a call from a very old friend who has spent the last year in a very similar place as me. We caught up and she gave me some helpful tips for chemotherapy - sharing the claritin trick that the one nurse told me about for the bone pain from the nuelasta. We had some good laughs and are making it a goal to get together before the end of the year.
It seems like it took forever to get the kids to sleep tonight - well, actually just Nick. I am tired - it was a productive day - I feel so in control of my closets now. I hope everyone has a lovely Thanksgiving tomorrow and get to spend it with their family and friends. Visualising my healthy and continually recovering body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment