Sunday, November 28, 2010

Back home

I stayed up until a bit after midnight before I tried to go to sleep last night and I was able to fall asleep without too much trouble. Rob got up early but Nick and I were up around 8 and I woke Ellie up around 9 - I might have to look into those room darkening curtains because the bedroom was pitch black at 9. Nick and Tony played while Jo, Ole, Rob and I talked in their living room. I started to pack up all our clothes and toiletries - I got the kids dressed for the day.
We went next door to Mom and Dad's to try to take our Christmas picture - I thought it would be more successful in the room than in the front lobby - as is Nick wouldn't participate. We got a couple pictures we will see how they look on the computer and not a 2" display. We packed up our cars and were on our way to La Estacion. The kids drove with Mom and Dad and apparently when we turned in front of the restaurant the boys both began saying that this is where they wanted to go. We had an awesome brunch - a bit of something for everyone. We lucked out and the train store across the street was open this morning and we were able to go in after brunch. Rob and I were able to make a couple Christmas purchases without Nick seeing and Mom and Dad got a couple things too.
We all got in our cars and were traveling back home - the kids staying in Mom and Dad's car. We had a nice sunny car ride home - stopping for gas just over the border into Illinois and Jo and Ole took Tony back and were on their way home. Mom, Dad and the kids met us back at home. We un-packed the car - I got to work on the first load of laundry and Dad and Nick played with the trains. Mom and Ellie helped me change Scarlett out - I was thankful the irritation has really gone away and there was no further irritation underneath. Rob and I hung the strand of extra snowflake lights I bought - they look even now. Mom and Dad left and the kids went downstairs to play.
I think Ellie and Nick played a bit of everything this afternoon - dollhouse, music, art, wii... Rob got the bath ready for the kids - Ellie went first and Nick and I played High School Musical wii together and then Nick went up for a bath and Ellie went to play wii. We each had some leftovers for dinner - we weren't rally hungry still from brunch. Nick asked to watch Cars and we told him he could only watch for a bit and sure enough when we turned it off he was ok with that. Rob and i took him up for bed and I tucked him in and came down to cuddle with Ellie - she knows she only gets tonight and tomorrow and then we can't snuggle until the disconnect on Thursday. Ellie went up when she heard Rob walking and here I sit blogging.
I have such a sore throat and I am not sure if it is sickness coming on (noooooooo) or just dry hotel air or some sort of a combo. I have had a non stop mug of tea going since we got home. I plan on doing some cyber shopping - still trying to figure out what we are getting for Ellie. Visualising my healthy and continually recovering body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment