Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day two and not nauseous

I took my zofran with dinner last night and I had the garbage can handy next to the couch waiting for the nausea and vomit to begin and it never did - Hooray! We watched tv and Rob went up during the news - I stayed up and watched Conan and then George Lopez and started watching some food program about pizza - I feel asleep around 12:30 or so - I have decided with the pump it is safer to sleep on the couch because I cannot roll over and cramp the tubing and the pump can't really go anywhere - maybe I will try bed next time around but I just wanted to be safe this time. Around 2:30 I was roused by huge Nick cries - I ran upstairs and he was next to my side of the bed crying. I put him in next to Rob and stayed with him until he feel asleep again then I went back downstairs.
Rob came down first but Ellie and Nick followed shortly thereafter this morning. I took my zofran and waited a bit to eat. I got Ellie's snack ready for school and then I made us some tea. I tried oatmeal and it was just fine in my tummy. Nick and I had no plans for the day - he still is snotty and his voice is off and his eyes don't look great and well - I was seriously awaiting the "sickness" that never happened - hooray again. I caught up on some phonecalls I needed to make and then I ventured downstairs.
Ok, it is time to share...My name is Theresa and I am a collector. When I am out thrifitng it is usually for clothes for the kids but I do buy catalog clothes if I know I can flip them on ebay - well between the flip clothes and the clothing the kids have outgrown - I have about 7 big rubbermaids in the closet downstairs waiting to be flipped. I was really hoping a consignment sale would be closer to home and I could just get a season out but that didn't happen. I told Rob it was going to be my goal to start getting stuff listed - the problem is it just takes time to photograph everything and then list it - it is totally worth it when all is said and done but it drags until then. I photographed about 30 items today and successfully listed 8 - pesky Thanksgiving is in my way because my 7 day auction will end on Tuesday and then people will be out of town or forget they bid on something and I won't get paid until the following week - anyways I think I am going to continue to photograph but not list anymore until next week.
Nick was into a little bit of everything today - he would take a toy out and play with it for a couple minutes and then switch to the next thing. A friend called this afternoon with a couple of her tried and true chemo tips which I appreciated. I guess it is a mixed blessing having Scarlett because one of the big side effects to all these anti-nausea medications is constipation and because Scarlett makes a detour before hitting too much digestion I think that has really helped in that department. Nick and I spent the rest of the afternoon cuddled up on the couch watching cartoons. I realized that the yogurt that they suggest as a good chemo food isn't so good for the cold effect. A couple spoonfuls in and my teeth hurt so much that I was hitting the counter top in pain. I did buy this really nice looking cowl scarf neck thingy on etsy last night - I bought Ellie a matching one. Nick and I got dressed up warmly and went to get Ellie off the bus but the bus was a bit early and she was already half way home.
Ellie came home and did her spelling and math homework and then she and Nick danced and played. I got a call from the pharmacist at Kellogg checking in to see if the pump was working ok and to check on side effects - she was pretty amazed that I have had no nausea or vomiting. I think I can thank my 2 courses of xeloda because they readied my body - I am use to the 5-FU. I did ask about alcohol and she said that although she wouldn't necessarily have a glass of wine a night the occasional glass wouldn't necessarily harm me - good news. Mom came over and Rob came home not too soon after she arrived. We had another good cool weather dinner - chicken inn broasted chicken and potatoes, Mom made cranberry sauce and squash and apples, fresh berries and watermelon - it was delicious.
Mom and Dad left and Rob put Nick to sleep - he went out very quickly tonight. Rob is up reading to Ellie right now and I am sitting on the couch waiting for the tea pot water to boil. I am hoping the side effects continue to stay away - that would be the most awesome thing in the world. Visualising my healthy and continually recovering body, this infusion to continue to be free of major side effects and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Dear T and Surrogate Mom... I bought a couple butternut squashes from an Amish guy at a flea market, but I don't know how to prepare them. Because the 2 of you have missed your calling on the Food Network as the first Mom-Daughter domestic team, I'm confident you have recipes to share. Love to both of you and T, I'm happy to say I didn't have any stygmata nausea, so thanks for loading up on the anti-nausea meds :) Oh, and T, the Lifetime Movie I told you and Dena about has turned into one of those horrid Meredith Baxter 6hr marathon movies that take up an entire Saturday afternoon. I'm trying to keep the sense of humor going so I can keep you laughing when I tell you all about it!

    Love, J

    ReplyDelete