Saturday, November 6, 2010

A little bit of this a little bit of that

Rob got home around 11 last night and we visited for a while before he went up to bed. I slept on the couch until 4 and then went upstairs - the back room was getting cold and I wasn't comfortable so I thought bed might do the trick. I was wrong - bed was no better. Rob and Ellie were up early and Nick and I slept in a bit. It was so cold this morning - I am thinking ahead to the 5K next week and I hope it is not this cold but I would prefer cold to rain.
I called Jo to see if she was up to rummaging with Ellie and I - Rob said he would watch Nick. I took a quick shower hoping the hot water might get rid of the liquid bandage crap all over my skin - no such luck - although it did make the edges more smooth. Ellie and I left out the back door while Rob gave Nick a bath. I realized about 3 blocks from home that I didn't take any tylenol but I wasn't going back to get it. We picked up Jo and Tony and tried the rummage sale by their house first but couldn't find a parking spot so we drove out the Deerfield for the kids sale. Even though we got there an hour after the doors opened it seemed picked over - I got a couple tops for Nick and 1 for Ellie and Jo found T a couple tops. Soon after we got there I felt extremely dizzy and then the sweats started - I quickly found some candy in my purse and that helped a bit. We left the sale and stopped at Whole Foods so I could pick up some arnica and staphysagria - I was so happy they had both and popped the arnica as soon as I paid for it.
We sat in the cafe and had our snack - T was cracking us up. We decided to try the rummage sale again on our way home. My port is killing me and I have found that counter pressure around the port helps with the pain so I drove with my left hand sinking counter pressure and my right hand driving. We had to circle the church a couple times to find a spot - I predicted that we would find nothing because of the trouble parking - I was correct.
We were in and out pretty quickly and we dropped Jo and Tony off at home before coming home to our house. I plopped down on the couch after taking some tylenol and Rob said he would watch the kids if I wanted to take a nap - I originally said I wasn't tired but the said ok. I told Rob he could take the kids outside and take down Halloween - although it was cold the sun made it warm. Ellie and Nick told Rob they weren't interested in joining him but I convinced them otherwise. I spaced out on the couch and head them raking the leaves and taking the decorations down - Nick played on his jeep for a while. They came back in and went downstairs to play - I got a nice hour of sleep in.
We packed the kids up for their overnight at Mom and Dad's - each were very happy to have their new roller suitcase bags. They played while they waited - they danced, they played store, they played circus. Mom called to say they were on their way and we met them outside. It was funny - Ellie saw that we had our coats on and were ready to leave and she asked if we were going to wait for them to be picked up or if we were leaving. We got the kids into Dad's car and said goodbye and then Rob and I headed off for dinner. We had planned to get Italian for dinner but after valet parking the car we found out there was an hour wait so we walked and found the Mexican restaurant had no no wait.
We ordered margaritas and dinner - I have to say - the first sip of the margarita was yummy. Rob and I had a nice dinner and it was nice to be able to visit without interruption. We walked back to get the car and then stopped by the store to pick up some wine. It wasn't a long date night but I am still in intermittent pain - at least I am able to alternate between tylenol and advil today. I called to say goodnight to the kiddos and now I am blogging on my new laptop - the keys are very poppy and loud.
I asking for everyone to visualize for the next week for a nice run day - I am not prepared for this race - I never ramped up past about 1.5 miles and now I just feel crummy. I am hoping for a rain free, not too cold, sunny day. Visualising my healthy body, a lesser pain day tomorrow and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment