Sunday, November 21, 2010

So long Sunday

Back in the old patterns last night - I was not tired and stayed up until 2AM before I made it upstairs to bed. I have decided maybe I need to alternate nights in bed with nights on the couch - while my legs seem to hurt on the couch, my back aches in bed. Rob and Ellie were up when nick woke up - I opened the gate so he could go downstairs and then climbed back into bed and slept until Rob came up at 8:30 to get clothes ready for church. I let Rob take the kids this morning and I had a bowl of coffee and read the paper on no schedule.
I got motivates and tried my new vacuum and I love it - I guess you never really know how bad your vacuum is until you get one that is magnificent. I was so thrilled with it that I vacuumed the entire first floor. Rob stopped by Home Depot on the way back home and picked up some foam insulation pieces to put around the bottom of the doors to keep the air from sneaking in. I had just started cleaning out the front closet when they came home - it was literally vomiting shoes, gloves and coats into the living room.
Ellie helped as we pulled out all the coats and shoes - Ellie and Rob started pairing the shoes up. I was able to bag up a few coats and shoes for Salvation and we were able to better organize the closet for winter. I washed all our winter coats to freshen them up and all of the gloves are paired up - I created a bin for Ellie and one for Nick and one for Rob and me - I hope this works out. I started the laundry going because there were quite a few coats to wash. We had lunch and the kids played with each other until the screaming started - everyone was on every ones last nerve today which is never good.
We took advantage of the awesome weather and put our Christmas lights out today. Ellie and Nick came out with Rob and I and Rob got the ladder out to string the snowflake lights across the second floor - I need to pick up another box of them because they don't quite stretch all the way across. I strung up our red and green twinkle lights but seeing them lit tonight I think we need more. We came in after the lights were done and Ellie went downstairs to play with Nick and I took the new vacuum downstairs to clean - it really is great. Rob played lego trains with Nick so that Ellie could play in her dollhouse without interruption.
Eventually, Nick ended up in the back room with me because he was having difficulty respecting Ellie's stuff today. We had some snuggle time and he calmed down - Ellie ended up watching Cinderella. I kept the laundry going and now all our coats are clean, dry and hanging in the newly organized closet. We went over to Mom and Dad's house for dinner - we were ordering in El Famous. I have to say - after about half a dozen salsa containers - I think I have burned the aches from my throat. We had a good dinner - everyone ate (for a change) Ellie even tried an avocado taco and liked it.
We had some dessert -it has been a difficult couple days for Ellie - we are trying some preventative migraine stuff out (and it seems to be working) - we are limiting caffeine and chocolate and she has been taking ibuprofen in the evening - anyhow, the chocolate limiting has been rough because most women know it is something you do generally crave. We said our goodbyes and headed home - we did vitamins, brushed teeth got pj's on and then Ellie read to Rob while I read to Nick.
Rob put Nick to sleep and Ellie and I cuddled and watched the American Music Awards. Ellie just went up and I am here blogging and sipping my tea - still can't do cold beverages. The body aches haven't really improved any today. I think my back is actually way worse today. Believe it or not I have my 10 week follow up appointment appointment with Dr. Muldoon tomorrow - it in some ways doesn't seem like that long ago and in other ways it feels like years ago. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body, a nice and easy week and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. T,

    After I was diagnosed with migraines at 16, I also eliminated caffeine and chocolate. The chocolate was rough at first, but after a few weeks, I no longer craved it. The caffeine I gave up for years. I managed to get the migraines down to about 1 or 2 a year and they've remained that way this far into my 30's. Now I'll get one if I have too much caffeine or not enough sleep or too much stress (usually caused from not enough sleep) or when the barometric pressure changes too severely. Either way, I definitely saw a correlation between the chocolate, caffeine, and the migraines.

    Luv ya, J

    ReplyDelete