Friday, July 1, 2011

Freaky friday

Slept on the couch last night. I stayed up until 2AM so I could take the Tylenol. My hip was still not happy with me trying to sleep on it. Ellie was the first to join me this morning followed a few minutes later by Nick. I got them breakfast and went up to try to get a few more minutes of sleep in bed...didn't really work. I got our clothes ready and came downstairs. I started a pot of coffee, packed Ellie's lunch and got her sunscreen on. We drove Ellie to camp and came back here to hang out.
Mom called, they had lost their power with the storm last night. Nick and I ran to TJ Maxx on the way to Mom and Dad's house. I was lucky and found that they still had the train sheet set and we will use that fabric to make Nick's curtains. We went over to Mom and Dad's and we had lunch. Nick played for a little bit before we came back home.
Nick and I started taking apart his room. Boxing up his toys and trains, removing the decals from the walls, taking down the pictures and curtains. Rob came home with all the paint for Nick and Ellie's rooms. I took a couple pictures of the furniture we need to sell and then Rob moved the furniture out of the room and started painting.
I went outside with the kids and I started to prep the furniture to paint. Ellie helped me sand the beds down but quickly lost interest when our neighbors came out. I was able to get the bed and drawer fronts painted but since it got so humid out the paint didn't want to dry and instantly came off when you touched it. Rob ended up using the palm sander to do all of Ellie's furniture and we will need to touch up Nick's tomorrow.
We ordered dinner and Nick and I went to pick it up. Rob got all of Nick's room painted we will just need to see it in the daylight to see if we need to touch any of it up. We have the kids sleeping in the living room tonight. We put the new mattresses together and made them up and they have this huge bed to sleep on. The great news is the new mattresses are very comfortable. Rob and I called it a day a bit after 10:00PM tonight. Rob washed the brushes up and I got put the hot pad on my back.
I feel like I am sort of falling apart today. My feet are hurting because I stood to paint all the furniture. My lower back and hip is hurting. My incision still has the dull pencil probing pain. I took some Tylenol and I hope it starts to work soon. I think we will be able to get Nick's room done by the afternoon and then I think we will start Ellie's room. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Can you say "overachiever"? Take it slow wounded girl. Have one glass of red wine before you go to bed. One! Trust me, your hip and back will be soothed. You did a lot today...now, relax and go to sleep! love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete