Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

No one really wanted to wake up this morning. We had to basically prop Nick up to get clothes on him. We got the kids dressed for the church parade - Ellie was a sailor girl and Nick was Superman and together we were the Happy Henderson's - Promoting Silliness. We made the loop around the park and came back for the speeches and prizes. The kids got their prizes and we headed back home.
We met Mom, Dad and Uncle Bry for the Skokie parade. The spot we had placed our chairs down in this morning was pretty sunny by the time the parade began. It was a beautiful day, though - a bit on the warm side. The parade was fun, lots of marching bands, Shriners and candy. We stopped back at our house to load our picnic up and for a washroom break. We said goodbye to Mom and Dad and UB and we went back up to Glenview for the afternoon.
We got to eat our picnic lunch under the pine trees. The kids immediately went to the park to play. Ellie and Nick both did the running race, the balloon toss but passed on the egg toss. We got some nice time to visit with friends.
We walked over to the lake for the softball game. Brannon was very nice and gave the kids tractor rides along the lake and over the hills. Ellie braved a canoe and kayak ride out on the lake - even finding some floating lily pads from the wedding the other night. We got to see some of our favorite friends and family.
I had noticed when I tried to put my sandals back on to leave that they didn't easily slide on my feet. I had swollen feet and ankles - that doesn't happen to me often. We came home and I put my feet up for a bit. Ellie took a shower and Nick a bath. We almost finished reading Ellie's book, only 10 more pages. We put bug spray on and headed out to the fireworks.
There were a million people there tonight - our usual spot was taken so we just ended up sitting down. We entertained the kids by playing ring toss on Nick's head, or my foot or Ellie's arm. The fireworks were delightful. We made our way back to the car but I noticed that my body wasn't too happy. I had the chest pain I get when I try to run.
I think it has been a number of very full, very long days and I look forward to a quieter week. My feet still don't feel right but my chest pain has subsided. Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Good thing tomorrow is a down day. Remember...EVERYTHING can wait for you. Don't push. Talk to you in the AM. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete