Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fun, fun day

I wish my kids would learn to sleep in. Nick was up a bit before 7 and then Ellie by 7:30. We goofed off here this morning. We all took showers, had breakfast and played. I made a fruit salad for Claire's birthday party today. We wrapped up presents. I painted Ellie's finger and toe nails. We finished Ellie's book.
Mom, Dad, Jo and T came to pick us up and we were on our way to Oakbrook for the party. Claire's party was at the nature center and we had a ball. There was a lake with paddle boats and we all went out multiple times. We got to take the swan paddle boat out which was the safest option for the little boys.
The kids got to fish in the lake. We had lunch under the gazebo and the kids played in the playground. We visited the nature center and got to see many different animals and creepy things. We had birthday cake and sang to Claire. The kids were having such a great time that they didn't want to leave.
We made a quick run over to the Land of Nod outlet. I was looking for a pillow sham for Ellie's bed and train stuff for Nick's room. I didn't find either of the things I came for but did find that their basket liners were reduced down to $0.10 a piece - so I bought a bunch to remake into pillows. Jo found a pregnancy belt.
We stopped at Oberweis for a cool treat and then a stop at Goodwill. I found Nick a wheelbarrow for the yard and Ellie a cool wooden license plate game for the car rides to Michigan. We stopped off for dinner and the kids didn't disappoint us with entertainment. Nick and Tony have both lived prior lives - Nick probably in the 70s and Tony in the 80s with their dance moves.
We came home and did a quick foot wash in the tub and got vitamins and then we got to sleep. Rob was productive up at the cottage - he got Nick's toddler bed taken apart and the twin beds assembled and moved into place. He and Mom went out for a nice dinner.
I am hoping to get some work done on their rooms tomorrow - even if it is just clothing back in dressers. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. It was a great day! Do you want drawer liners for the new dressers? I have many boxes...I believe I may even have some Mary Engelbreit sheets! I can drop them off if you'd like! Sleep well. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete