Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cool house

I think everyone slept pretty well last night. Mom and I stayed up until about 1AM and then we both started dozing off. We got up this morning and had breakfast and I took a quick shower. I realized it was beautiful out and turned the air off and opened all the windows.
I cruised off to Kellogg to do my part to spread the word of i2y. Mom and Dad stayed at my house and watched the kids. Stephanie helped me grab a table and I set up my display - handouts, bracelets, pins, pens and general info. I had about 2 dozen people stop at the table during the hour I was there and I feel real good about the mission. Today, I only ran into one person who was age appropriate but a few of the nurses pulled info for patients coming in later that day.
I went over to Mom and Dad's, they were on the way there after they picked up Tony. I opened all the windows to try to cool the house down. We picked up lunch and ate al fresco in the yard. We got to play for a little bit, they boys ran around, Ellie watered the plants. Ellie and I headed out to do a market research study together.
It was fun - it was on locker decorating (not something Ellie has got into yet). They wanted feedback on potential products, themes and colors. Then they introduced a couple concepts they are working on for room decorating and craft kits. I got paid and Ellie got $50 in room decorating samples.
We went back to Mom and Dad's and they finally had power restored. We got the kids together on the porch and for some "Blues Cousin" pictures (Mom had bought them fedoras and black sunglasses). We came home and the kids helped me unload the car and then they went out to play.
Poor Nick did not have a good track record for injuries today. First I head the smack of the baseball bat, then the crying and then I was running towards the door. I guess Nick was walking up the pathway just as our neighbor was swinging the bat and they collided - just under Nick's eye. We iced it for about 5 minutes and then he went back to playing. Next, Nick was leaning over the sprinkler to get sprinkled and somehow he put his weight on one end and it jumped up and hit him in the nose. Last, he was rolling on the skateboard (on his stomach) and rolled over his pointer finger. He cut his nail in half and it was oozing blood. He kept trying to peel the nail off but the blood really started dripping when her did that. We came in and cleaned the cut up and bandaged it.
Rob came home and we let him take a shower before we decided to start vacation off the right way with ice cream for dinner. We ran by the library to return some books and get some more. It was Wednesday night on the village green - they have a DJ and some vendors and just a wide open place to dance. Rob and the kids stayed out to enjoy the music and I ran in.
We stopped at Chocolate Shoppe for ice cream and came home. The kids stayed out to catch lightening bugs - they have been making very elaborate houses for the bugs. I packed up clothes for all of us and a set of sheets for Nick's new twin bed at the cottage. Rob and I emptied out his car so we could load the box springs to take up.
We got the kids to sleep and then I have been perusing craigslist for interesting things in Michigan. I am not sure what my posting schedule will be like for the next 10 days or so...dial up connection at the cottage. So, this might be the last post until the 24th. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Poor Nick! Thanks for letting us crash by you last night...it was fun! We definitely made lemonade from our lemons! We will have to stop before you leave. I must kiss my Nicky's injuries, and we left all kinds of things at your house besides the food. I still think I will wash down the fridge and freezer before I restock, so i will probably go in Friday to pick up our salvaged goodies. Thanks, again! Let me know what your Julie schedule is so we can cross paths to be able to see the kids! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete