Sunday, July 10, 2011

We got a bunch done today

Last night was the first night in almost 2 weeks that Nick woke up during the night. I heard a thud just before 5AM but no crying. Then i heard Nick's footsteps - I turned him around and tucked him back in and he was fast asleep. It took me until about 6:30AM to fall back asleep. The kids were up a bit after 7AM and I crawled into their bed and fell asleep until 8AM.
We had our breakfast and then got busy working on the house. We cleaned up the back room and really cleaned it - even clearing off the top of the tv cabinet and emptying baskets of crap. We cleaned up the living room and vacuumed. We ran out to Ace to pick up some longer screws for Nick's drawer pulls and to Target to pick up another basket for Ellie's room.
We came back and went to work of the bedrooms. I installed Nick's drawer pulls and got all his clothing organized in the drawers. I installed Ellie's pulls and got all her clothing organized into the drawers. Ellie worked on her bookcase and trinkets. We got all the clothing back in drawers and 4 rubbermaid containers put away - woohoo.
Tomorrow I think I will tackle the dining room and kitchen. When we were leaving to go to Mom and Dad's for dinner, Rob pulled in from Michigan. We gave him a hug and a quick update and then we were on our way. Ellie helped Mom make brownies for dessert and Mom had made some guacamole for an appetizer. Mom and Ellie made the oatmeal soap from her spa kit. We ordered Chinese for dinner and ate in the cool air conditioning. We had dessert and then headed home to catch up with Rob.
Rob had cleaned up all the paint spills off Ellie's bedroom floor - looks great. I did some measuring and the box springs and mattresses will not work on the beds - they will be about 36" off the floor - a bit too tall. I think we are going to bring the box springs up to the cottage and get bunkie boards for the beds here. I got some laundry loads flipped and then about 4 baskets put away. Ellie and I began her new book and got about 1/4 way through tonight.
We have lots of ideas for the week ahead. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Did you see any bunkie boards in Crate & Barrel Saturday? They had piles of them last time we were there...$19.95 a piece! It may be worth a call. I forgot to give you the drawer liner for the kids. Tomorrow....Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete