Monday, July 25, 2011

My, oh my, Monday

Last night sleep did not go as well...I, once again, could not fall asleep. I went up to bed around 2AM and found Nick sleeping next to Rob. I moved Nick into his bed and then tried to fall asleep , moving here and there and it was about 3:45AM the last time I looked at the clock. Ellie was up around 7AM and I asked her to wake me up if I wasn't already up by 8AM.
We had breakfast and got dressed and then we were on our way to Northwestern for Nick to participate in a study at the Early Learning lab. Nick likes going to "college". When we pulled up he started telling Ellie all about his last visit. Today he had to listen to music and see a picture of the instrument and then try to re-identify it about a minute later. Then he had to put about 2 dozen golf tees into peg board to play a game and get a sticker and every time he wanted a new sticker he has to re-load the peg board - it worked twice. He got a couple stickers and a new book.
We had a parking permit for the day at any of the campus lots so we drove over to the lake and walked around. Ellie liked all the painted rocks and Nick liked taking pictures. It was a beautiful morning to walk along the lake shore path. We went home because I realized I had left the coffee pot on before we left. Ellie and I were able to read almost all of her newest book before Mom and Dad came to pick up the kids so that they could go with to pick Tony up from school. I went to pickup lunch at Wendy's but apparently in the week we were gone Wendy's closed for remodeling. I then tried the Burger King on Lincoln but they too had closed. It seriously was comical because I also realized I had forgotten my phone at home and couldn't explain why it was taking me so long.
We ate lunch at our house and the kids played for a little bit. We finished Ellie's book -now officially halfway through. We got our water and camera and we were on our way to Wagner Farms. Ellie drove with me and Mom and Dad took the boys with them to pick up the GGs and meet us at the farm. Ellie and I sat on a bench in the sun while we waited for the gang to get there. Unfortunately, most of the animals were away at the county fair but it was still a very nice afternoon.
They had new chickens and we got to see all the vegetable gardens. We went inside and the kids loved to show the GGs the milking cow, the pig feed and the old fashioned store. We finished our visit by getting ice cream from the dairy. We sat outside and had our treat and it was a lovely afternoon. We said goodbye and the kids and I came home. They went outside to play and enjoy the day.
Rob came home and took Nick to the pool while Ellie and I went to pottery. Ellie made a candle holder today - inspired by a picture Cathy had brought in. I glazed Ellie's s'mores plate - it came out very cute. Next week is our last class for the summer. We stopped at the grocery store on our way home and did a little shopping - fruit, veggies, milk and waffles.
We came home and Rob helped me take groceries in and unpack while the kids played with the neighbors. We decided to let them stay and play until the lightening bugs came out. We had a late dinner and got ready for bed. The kids went to bed pretty easily. Something is bothering Nick's allergies right now - mold, most likely. The boy is one giant mucus ball.
I think we have found a wicker set for Michigan - Rob is going to look at it tomorrow night. We have sold one of the beds - Rob is going to make the exchange on Wednesday. Things are coming along - just 2 more beds (we brought Ellie's bed home from Michigan) and a changing table and vanity. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. It was a really nice day...here's to a few more adventures like this over the next few weeks! We need to talk about getting you to sleep...I know, I'm not the one to be talking sleep, but maybe bring it up to Patricia tomorrow! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete