Friday, July 8, 2011

Long, long Friday

Nick listened to me and came to get me this morning instead of waking Ellie up. Ellie ended up sleeping another hour after Nick got up. We got breakfast and I found the kids clothes. I made Ellie's lunch and got her lathered in sunscreen. Nick and I dropped Ellie off for her last day of camp and came home.
Jo and Tony were picking us up to do some shopping. We drove past a few garage sales but ended up at Salvation. I found a new Thomas costume, a pair of capris, a box of legos and a pair of shoes for Nick for the fall. We stopped at Goodwill (mostly for a washroom stop) and I found a signed print from one of my favorite artists with a real nice sentiment on friends.
We had lunch at Cici's pizza - funny, those are the only noodles Nick will eat. We went over to Old Navy after and I was able to get a bunch of shopping done for birthday presents I needed. Jo and Tony took us home and we had a bit of time before it was time to pick up Ellie. Nick and I explored the new box of legos. There were some very cool pieces in the box - canoes, spaceships and racing cars.
We got Ellie from camp and went to the mall. I had a few things to return and I needed to find tops to go with some of the skorts I found earlier. Great sales today, if I could find the sizes I needed. We left the mall and Nick was sort of in meltdown mode. I had got both he and Ellie a pair of flip flops (Nick's 1st pair ever) and he wasn't happy with the way they were fitting him.
We stopped to get a fruit and yogurt parfait and then we went to Target and Kohl's. I was able to find Ellie jeans for the fall for $2.48 a pair - stocked up. We hit Aldi on the way home to pick up some fruit. We had breakfast for dinner - banana chocolate chip pancakes and huge glasses of milk. Ellie and I finished her book and then I got the kids to sleep.
Feet are feeling slightly better today. My incision is bothering me today. It is throbbing and pulling, I guess that means it is probably healing. The coating is still over the stitches. My stomach has bothered me on and off today - not sure what that is all about. Looking forward to a fun time tomorrow. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment