Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Clean bill of health

Catching up...Sunday the kids and I went grocery shopping for school lunches and general food. We worked to finish Ellie's homework and reports and got her ready for school on Monday. In the afternoon, we went over to the back lot bash. Radio Disney was going to be there and the kids really have liked visiting the road crew the past couple years. We got there early because it was a beautiful afternoon and we wanted to enjoy it. The kids got henna tattoos done (Nick a smiling face and Ellie from her hand up her arm). We played a few games of bingo before heading to the disney booth.
The kids danced and played radioke and won some stickers and pencils. Ellie pushed me out to do the parent round, glad I have been doing Just Dance on wii. We went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Ole joined us...haven't seen him since the 4th of July. The kids played and we had a nice dinner before cruising home to get the kids cleaned up.
Monday, we got Ellie off to the bus and then Nick and I hung out for a bit. We stopped over at Mom and Dad's and visited, T was there. Mom fixed the boys lunch and they did a pretty good job eating it. Dad had a huge train layout set up on the table. Nick and I took Tony to school and got to see Jo for a few minutes. Nick and I went on an adventure after that. I am in search of a dress and a couple gifts. Didn't find anything I needed but we did run into Trader Joe's to pick up stuff for dinner.
Ellie got home from school and did her homework and then the kids went out to play with the neighbors. John came over to wait for Rob to get home and kept me company as I made dinner. We finally had beets big enough to pick - they were delicious. John left and I called the kids in to clean up and eat dinner. We went up to bed and Rob arrived just in time to put Ellie to bed.
This morning I had my Dr. Marsh visit. Nick came with me and was the most perfect child ever. I caught Margaret up on the last couple months. I told her how I have been sick a few times in the last couple weeks. We discussed neuropathy and supplements, sleep and hot flashes (never had one). Dr. Marsh came in and reassured me that a low white blood count can be a false measure. It can be low because it is fighting illness off or because it is hanging onto other molecules. He said a much better measure is that my hemoglobin and platlets have skyrocketed back up to normal range.
I got a clean bill of health and will go for a CT scan and blood work and see him in 3 months. Funny, he said since I didn't have polyps I could go 3 years until my next colonoscopy but Dr. Bianchi said 1 year. Nick and I came home and had lunch and then spent to majority of the afternoon outside playing. I was able to unload Ellie's vanity this afternoon - woohoo. Nick and I went to the park and played soccer and t-ball.
I tried to sort my kids clothes out by season and then by size. I am debating between taking them to a consignment shop or ebay or garage sale. Ellie came home and did her homework and then went outside to play. I started dinner and called the kids in. While dinner was finishing up Ellie, Nick and I went down to do Just Dance. Funny thing is, Nick is pretty good. We all showered and then ate dinner. Rob got home and we got the kids to bed.
I have to say, writing this blog every few days does help strengthen my brain. I have an appointment with Patricia tomorrow - looking forward to it. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Although I miss my daily voyeuristic peeks into your life, I'm very pleased this new technique is helping to get rid of brain haze! Your clean bill of health is one more thing to add to our list of celebrations on family Sunday. We are delighted that all is moving along smoothly. Think how much your body has gone through this past year...amazing that you are rebounding to health so wonderfully! We love you and can only hope that this was but a very brief chapter in your lengthy book of life! Keep the brain recharging...I beat you in Bejeweled! See you in the morning! love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete