Friday, August 19, 2011

Mini recap

I think it might be the pool that is making me sick. I have tummy problems again and we were at the pool tonight.
This morning we decided to go for a picnic at the lake. I packed up the food and we drove to Evanston. We found a nice shade picnic table near Clark St. beach. There was a lovely breeze and we really had a nice time. We walked near the pond on the way back to the car. We stopped and the kids fed the ducks some of their leftover chips. Ellie and I sat on the rock wall and read a couple chapters in her book. When Nick was coming too close to the gross pond water we decided to leave.
We went and did a bit of back to school food shopping. We stopped at Target to get kitty food and a pair of goggles for Nick. We came home and did a bit more reading. Rob got home a bit before 4PM and we went to the pool. We spent almost 3 hours at the pool tonight. Nick is now able to back stroke the entire width of the pool - I think he did that about 10 times.
We came home to a message from Ellie's friend Catherine inviting her over for dinner and backyard movie. I dropped Ellie over at Christi's and visited for a bit. They were going to watch Ratatouille in the yard and make s'mores on the campfire. I got Nick to sleep and then Rob and I watched an old movie we had never seen - Summer Rental with John Candy.
Rob swung by to pick Ellie up and then she had her vitamins and they both went up to sleep. I am sitting on the couch with an irritated stomach. I hope this doesn't end in a day of vomiting again. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment