Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to school

I stayed up late looking through house rental reviews and emailing for quotes. The good news is the very first house I liked is available and is ironically, the most reasonable. It is a beautiful 4 bedroom house with a Mickey Mouse themed kids room and an Animal Kingdom themed kids room.
Rob took the kids to church this morning. I slept in and woke up just a couple minutes before they left. I was able to enjoy a couple cups of coffee and take a shower. I got laundry flipped and some emails answered.
Rob and the kids got home around 11AM and Ellie and I read some of her new book while Nick and Rob played with legos. I took the kids to Whole Foods at lunchtime. They had the Story Bus there (think traveling children's hands-on play area). We sampled our way through the store and picked up lunch. We dined outside and had a great time. The kids got their arms painted by the man who had his entire arm tattooed. Nick had a speeding orange train engine and Ellie had a flower that wrapped its stem around her arm a couple times.
They got to sample some coconut fruit popsicles and then we had gourmet s'mores. They 2 contestants from Master Chef there creating gourmet s'mores and hot dogs. They were home made marshmallows (chocolate, vanilla or Founder's ale) that they torched and then rolled in chocolate shavings and either graham cracker crumbs or pretzel crumbs.
We came home and then kids played out in the yard. Rob helped me move Nick's trundle inside. It was a task because (once again) our hallway up to the second floor was too tight. We lifted it overhead and rested it on a ladder. I ran upstairs to the balcony and we were able to lift it over the rail and bring it in that way. The trundle is awesome.
Nick and I took about an hour to go through all the bins and sort out his train stuff. We built the most amazing layout and the best part was the roundhouse clears the bed and doesn't have to be removed to close it up. Rob took the kids for a bit and I was able to further organize. I got the bookcase back in Nick's room with all his books put away.
We went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner. I took our blueberry peach buckle and our zucchini with. Mom had pasta and a salad ready and I quickly got the zucchini and an onion into a pan. Dinner was lovely - so nice to be with each other (Mom and Dad were away for a couple nights vacation). Jo and Tony were over...Ole ditched us. The kids played with the neighbors and I was able to share our most recent pictures with Mom and Dad.
We came home and the kids took their showers. We are going to be so in trouble in a few years because neither of the kids take short showers. Nick and Rob played with his train set-up and Ellie and I read some more. We only have about 20 pages left to finish tomorrow. We got Ellie's backpack ready for tomorrow and picked out her outfit. We got the kids to sleep and then vegetated on the couch.
I think I might have sold Ellie's one bed, we will see. My fitnet study has finally started so I will be dedicating 30 minutes a day to exercising. I am feeling tired so perhaps it won't be too late tonight. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment