Sunday, August 7, 2011

A little of this and that

This morning Ellie and Rob were up earlier than Nick and me. Nick actually woke up after I went downstairs and he came down with a backwards polo shirt and jeans - he needed to look nice for church. Rob took the kids to church and I stayed behind and had some coffee and read the paper. I took a shower and then left to meet Rob and the kids and Dean to pick up the kids bunkie boards at Crate & Barrel.
Dean came back to our house for a little bit to spend some time with the kids. Ellie and I spent some time looking over houses in Florida. We think we found the resort area we want to stay in but there are many town homes available. We were doing our research and seeing what the best bang for the buck will be.
We went over to Mom and Dad's for family Sunday. We were celebrating the GGs 60th anniversary. Mom had a wonderful spread - pasta, berry salad, bread salad, potato salad, broccoli and pork. The power went out about 15 minutes before dinner was ready but we were able to finish everything up. We had a lovely dinner on the porch - a bit warm but it cooled off as the storm came in. We had a delish canoli cake from Domino's - yummy. I was trying to eat light today because tomorrow is prep day and my theory is less in less out.
The power came on a bit after 5 and we left near 6. We came home and Rob and I worked to get the floor in the basement back together. It is like a puzzle - we have many tiles that have been cut to fit certain areas and we got the obvious ones in place but then it just didn't seem right. I think we actually ended up with extra tiles and I am not quite sure how that happened. The kids played and helped us clean up and then we got ready for bed.
Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment