Monday, August 22, 2011

Survived the 1st day

We were all up when Ellie's alarm went off this morning. I guess there isn't a way to adjust the volume and it is pretty darn loud when it goes off. We got dressed and came down for breakfast. We got to say goodbye to Rob because he had a late start. Nick and I walked Ellie to the bus stop. Same group of neighbors at the stop and the bus was on time.
Nick and I just had a laid back morning. We did a couple minute tidy up of the back room. We walked down to get Ellie off the bus a bit after noon - that bus was definitely not on time. We came in and I made lunch and we listened to Ellie tell us about her day. Ellie did some of her book reports and we finished the last pages of her book. We officially only have one more book to read now.
The kids went out to play with the neighbors and they were so funny. They played kickball, wheelbarrow races, 3 legged races, bike races and running races. At least they were active. We cleaned up around 5PM and came in to get our library books. We went to the library and returned books and found some new ones. Ellie and I found a couple books that we couldn't locate this summer so now Ellie has some choices for her last book. Nick had a stack of books too.
We went to Cici's pizza for dinner. The kids had their free dinner coupons from the library program. Now, in addition to only eating noodles at Cici's, Nick will eat their cheese pizza. We came back home and the kids took their showers. Nick went first and went diligently to play - working on his train after. Ellie and I started her book when she got out and we were able to get about 40 pages done tonight. I got the kids into bed and Rob arrived home in time to hear about Ellie's day and tuck her in.
Sitting outside today I think I got about 6 mosquito bites. My feet are bugging me a bit...its been about 3 weeks since my last appointment. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment