Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blame the chiggers

Everyone slept well last night. I stayed downstairs until about 2AM and then went up to bed. I woke up to Nick standing next to me around 6:45AM. He had dressed himself, visited the washroom and brushed his teeth. Ellie slept in a bit.
We had breakfast and watched some tv. Ellie nicely helped me fold and put away about 10 loads of laundry. So much laundry that it didn't all fit into the drawers. Ellie and I got our clothes on for the day and then we packed up to go over to Mom and Dad's for a visit.
We had lunch with Mom, Dad and Tony. We researched new places to go for our fall family trip. Our favorite house is not available for the weekend that works out for all of us. Ms. Kate's sister, Sue, was in town visiting and she came along for a grocery shopping adventure.
We tried Tony's in Niles - not bad, clean, reasonable prices. The kids behaved pretty well during our shopping, bribed with gummy bears and gummy fish. We dropped Sue back off and then we stopped into Mom and Dad's for a couple minutes. Mom looked at my one batch of itchiness and confirmed that the culprit to my throbbing pain and itchiness are chiggers. Mom has chigger bites on her one arm and wrist. We think we most likely picked them up at Wagner farm last week. This is good news and bad.
We came home and the kids went outside to play in the sprinkler with the neighbors. Oh, the sounds of kids in the summertime. When Nick came in to take off his bathing suit, I noticed he had about a dozen bites on his shoulder blade. We had dinner - the most delicious cherries paired very nice with the Casa Krema Uncle Bry brought to us from Wisconsin.
Ellie and I started to read a new book and we got about halfway through. I called Rob to ask if he would pick up benadryl on his way home for me and Nick - he did. We had vitamins and medicine and then we got the kids upstairs for bed. Thankfully, the benadryl didn't have the usual reaction for Nick and he went to sleep pretty quickly. The benadryl doesn't really seem to be helping me so much. The cream I got seems to work short term. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment