Sunday, August 21, 2011

Late night post

Must have been a good sleeping night around here...Nick was still sleeping at 8:30AM. We had breakfast and then Ellie and I finished her book. We got dressed and then made our plans for the day.
We were going to have our cousin, Natalie, join us for some adventures. John was going to drop her off at our house. The thunder and lightening had begun and I didn't want to get caught having to run to the car in the storm so we went out to sit in the car. John and Natalie pulled in and we got off.
We stopped at the dollar store to grab some candy for the movie theatre. We went to Red Robin for lunch. It was great, all the kids were getting along. We went to see Smurfs - cute movie. The kids all had their candy and shared with each other.
When we got out from the show the sun had come out. We took Natalie home and got to say hi to Uncle Joe and Aunt Jill (Desiree too). We came back home and the kids helped me clean up a bit in the basement. I flipped laundry loads. Rob called to say we should go to the pool when he got home, we got our suits on. We went to the pool but were told they would be closing in about 25 minutes because of low attendance - that time of the year.
We came home and set out the ghetto slip n slide. I made it a bit more slippery by pouring hair conditioner on it. The kids were setting the boogie board on it and sort of surfing across the surface. They finished their outdoor adventure with some bike riding.
The kids came in and took their showers and got PJs on. I started dinner going - pizza, sweet potato fries, chicken nuggets and tomato and basil salad and fruit. Ellie helped me put together a blueberry peach buckle. The recipe was from a book I had read a few years ago. We ate dinner and then waited for the buckle to come out of the oven.
The buckle was good - if I make it again I would tweak somethings. We got the kids to bed and then Rob and I watched the first part of season 2 of Nurse Jackie. I was able to get our air tickets reserved for Disney. I am still working on the rental house. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment