Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Twisted Tuesday

We all slept pretty well last night...awakening to Ellie's blaring radio, again. Nick slept through the alarm somehow. Ellie got dressed and I met her in the kitchen. We packed her lunch and got her backpack ready. Ellie ate breakfast and then was off to the bus stop. Nick woke up a bit after Ellie left. I fixed him breakfast and I finished my coffee.
I started this fitnet study so I decided to was time to bust out the wii fit. I had to put new batteries in the balance board and started it up. Never a good sign when it come sup and says it has been 908 days since your last visit. The great news is that I am 37.8 pounds lighter than my last visit. I did the balancing and aerobic exercises to warm up and then switched to Just Dance. Nick came down to dance with me and it was only then he asked where Ellie was.
I took a shower and got dressed and Nick got himself dressed. We went over to Mom and Dad's just as the rain began. We decided we all needed groceries at home and decided to try Mariano's in Arlington Heights. It was a nice drive out and we had lunch on the way. Mariano's is awesome and I highly suggest trying the out if you are in the area. Lovely produce department and bakery. Nick and I tried their gelato. Reasonable prices on all their standard groceries, too.
We dropped off out groceries and helped Mom and Dad unload theirs. Nick and I came home and waited for Ellie. Ellie is in school 30 minutes longer this year so she is on the late bus. I had homework to complete, a room parent form and an introducing your child form. I wrote Ellie's teacher a note providing some history of the last 16 months. I am hoping we are able to improve Ellie's progress this year in school.
We set the timer and gave our house a 30 minute cleaning. Ellie did the downstairs washroom and I worked on the table. The kids went out to play after our tidy. I went to work baking, I still have a drawer full of peaches and a 4# box of blueberries. I made a pie and a pound cake. I organized my cupboard while things baked. I got dinner going and called the kids in.
Ellie does not like having to come in from playing. I guess all our neighbors eat way later than we do. We had dinner and then the kids took showers. Ellie and I read for a bit while Nick tuned out to some Blue's Clues. Rob got home and sat with Nick. The kids went up to play trains in Nick's room and then we got them into bed.
The breeze right now is incredible, I hope it cools the house down tonight. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment