Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Busy kids

Sorry for the spelling errors, spell check is not working. It took forever to fall asleep last night...3AM. I woke up around 7AM and got dressed. I got the kids clothes ready to take with to Mom's and then gave them a call. They had a good night last night and were ready for fun today. I picked up some coffee and went over to Mom's. Tony was over and the kids were all playing.
I took the kids to the park and then we went on a walk around the block. The boys liked picking mushrooms and exploring them. We came back and Mom and Dad were ready to go. We went to Costco to pick up some things. We ended up with the applesauce sample. I picked up some back to school lunch items and coffee and vitamins. We got lunch and headed back to my house to store the perishables. We ate lunch and then we introduced Mom, Dad and Tony to the Exploritorium. The kids had a blast. Tony was a bit un-sure of the climber at first but when he got comfortable he was as fast as the rest of them. They did the climber, the water area, dress up and then back to the climber in between. When we left we went out to the park and played for a bit.
We stopped by our house to pick up the food and then back to Mom and Dad's. The kids continued to play. They had a popsicle and Nick asked to put his away. This should have been the warning signal. Ellie got them each a gummy snack and Nick was just sort of keeping his at his lips and then the volcano of vomit erupted. It was so gross. All over him, all over me, in our shoes, all over Mom's couch and rug and ottoman. We took off all our clothes and shoes and got them washed.
Mom read some of Alice in Wonderland to the kids. Tony kept wanting to see the one illustration where Alice is a serpent and the bird is angry. When my clothes were dry enough to wear home we left. The kids came home and asked Rob to take them to the pool. It was pretty cool but they really wanted to go. I did laundry and opened all our windows.
The kids got home and were nice and cool. So cool that they needed blankets on them to warm them up. Rob said they pretty much had the pool to themselves - only 5 other people there. We had dinner and Ellie and I watched America's Got Talent. We had some quality one on one time. We came upstairs and got vitamins for bed and then the kids brushed their teeth. Nick was out pretty much instantly. Ellie stayed up and read.
I called Wagner Farm today to let them know we are pretty much sure that is where we picked up the chiggers and they informed me it was a farm and they have many bugs and insects and pests that live on the farm. I just thought they might like to erect a sign warning people since the bites are so painful and last about a month. We are heading up to Michigan tomorrow for Blueberry Fest so I am not sure if I will post again until Sunday. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment