Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Exhausted

My eyes were rolling around 1AM so I went up to bed. I was so very uncomfortable that after about an hour I came back downstairs. The throbbing was absolutely terrible. I took a couple tylenol, an ativan and poured myself a glass of wine. It took until about 4AM but I was able to fall asleep for a couple hours.
Ellie was up first - she went straight to work on her dollhouse. Nick slept in again this morning. Ellie helped me take all the tie dye shirts apart and wash them. We had some breakfast and then we went right to work reading her book. When Nick got up and dressed he had a bite to eat and then we were off to the library and to Target.
Unfortunately, the books I had requested had been re-shelved - they only hold them for 3 days and I got the call on Friday when we were in Michigan. I was able to find about 10 of the books off Ellie's list - this gives us some options. We are almost there - 75% finished. Ellie and Nick worked on the computer while I looked for books.
We went to Target and I picked up the cream from the pharmacy. I had asked if the anti-inflammatory agent in the cream would interfere with my colonoscopy and and pharmacist said no. We walked around the store and picked up some things we needed. We found the Rio was out in video and picked that up on our way to the cashier (Mom, I have the Blu-Ray for you). We went home and had lunch.
I tried the cream out and I have to be honest - within about 15 minutes some of the pain subsided. Ellie and I continued reading and we were able to finish her book up. Christi called and asked if we were ready to go to the pool - which we were. We met Christi, Catherine, Su'nana and Ben at the pool for the afternoon and early evening. Ellie was delighted to have a friend to go down the slides with and Nick is getting more and more confident with his abilities every time we go in the water. Today we were in the 5' section and I was standing about 10' out from the wall and he was jumping in and swimming to me and then back to the wall.
I saw Rob walking by and waved him over - he figured we were at the pool when we weren't at home. We did a couple more runs down the slides and finished in the pool before they called the safety break. I took the kids home to get PJs on and Rob ran to pick us up a pizza. Ellie and I started (and were able to finish) another new book from the library today.
We went to put the kids to sleep and I think we are all exhausted - it has been a long day and we spent over 3 hours at the pool. I have no plans tomorrow and I am liking that. Ellie and I will work on another book, we might go to the pool (but we did buy a slip 'n slide on clearance at Target today). Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment