Monday, August 15, 2011

Such a long day

Could not get to bed last night. It was suddenly 2AM and I wasn't tired yet. I decided to just go up to bed and see if I could fall asleep. Nick woke me up around 7:30AM. We had breakfast and watched Curious George. I got the kids clothing out for the day and we were off to Mom's house.
I left the kids at Mom and Dad's when I went for my Dr. Muldoon follow up appointment. My appointment went well. He looked over the test results from the past two months and then did his check over my stomach and poked my right ribs. Basically, I don't need to see him again unless I believe I have a question for him. I went over to Kellogg to get my blood work done for my Dr. Marsh appointment later this month. The computer wasn't showing all the tests I needed and then it was a whole run around to get all the tests to show up for the blood draw. The thyroid test Dr. Ortega told me he was ordering wasn't showing up. I called his office and the nurse said to just ask Gwen to draw an extra vial of blood. Well, let me just tell you, chemo killed my veins viability. Even Gwen needed to switch arms and re-adjust the clamp to try to find a vein. Eventually she settled on my left arm and drew a few vials of blood. When I straightened my arm I noticed pain about 8" up and down from the needle point (it still hurts 12 hours later).
I went back to Mom and Dad's and Ellie and Mom were finishing up her book. I went and picked up lunch and we ate when I got back. Mom got another Japanese anime for the kids to watch. This one was about a girl who had to read 20 book over the summer - sound familiar? We finished the movie and cleaned up and then came home. We picked up our library books and headed there. We made quick notes about the last few books and then returned the books and found a couple new ones.
We came home and I told the kids I would take them to the pool. We got dressed and were off. Although it was 80 out today and the sun felt hot the water at the pool was anything but. The kids have no temperature sensor and were int he water instantly. I finally jumped into the deeper end and just stayed submerged. Nick and Ellie were jumping off the side and swimming to me. We did the smaller slides during safety break but when we went back to the regular pool the water never seemed to get warm. Nick's lips turned purple and he was shaking so I said it was time to go.
Rob was home when we got back. We got dressed and the kids stayed with Rob while I went to do some produce shopping. I got a cart full of fruits and veggies and other healthy snacks. I got home and unloaded while the kids and Rob cleaned up. We had dinner and then went upstairs for bed. Ellie finished another book she was reading and I read Nick the books he chose from the library.
Considering it is almost midnight and I am not tired, this could be another long evening. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Gives a whole new slant to George Carlin's bit about Mom going shopping at midnight...I'm up too! Maybe it has to do with menopausal hormones, or lack of them. Just think about what we could accomplish if stores were open round the clock like in the old days. I used to go grocery shopping at this time of night...nice to shop without the crowds. Then stores took the money saving step of closing early. Oh well...that leaves us books, sudoku and tv. See you in the morning. Glad you're able to check Muldoon off your to do list! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete