Tuesday, August 9, 2011

2 days in 1

Sorry about last night. I had to do my colonoscopy prep yesterday afternoon and it wasn't good. I was able to drink all of what I needed to drink but then I quickly vomited it up. I got the shakes and was freezing cold. My vision started to have weird stuff happening. I had this killer headache. I called it quits and went up to bed a bit after 9PM. Mom and Dad were very nice and offered to take the kids overnight.
This morning started early, I had to finish the prep. I decided against drinking all the remaining liquid. I drank about 30 ounces and felt cleaned adequately. I took a shower and headed over to Mom's. Nick was up last night vomiting. Not quite sure what it is about spending the night at Mom's house but he always has to be sick. Dad was going to take them to Miss Lori's food van at Whole Food's this morning while Mom was with me.
Mom drove me to the hospital and the waiting room was packed with people. They called me back about 9:45AM and I was in the same room as last time. The nurse asked me all the questions about prep and prescriptions, she took my temperature and blood pressure. Dr. Bianchi came in to talk with me about my history and what to expect. She was very nice - highly recommend her to anyone who needs a GI doc. The nurse tried to find my vein...any vein. She tried for about 5 minutes to find something viable. She ended up calling in another nurse to try to find something. With the 2 of them and the world's smallest needle, they were able to get a vein on the inside of my wrist.
I was awake for my entire colonoscopy. I swear it might have taken longer for the entire finding a vein process than the colonoscopy did. No polyps but she would like to see me in a year again. The next time she will prescribe me zofran for nausea before hand. Dr. Bianchi gave me a name of a new doctor for a primary. Mom came back and got the update from Dr. Bianchi and then we were on our way home.
As we turned the street by their house the kids and Dad were taking a walk but came back to the house to show us their loot. They had food at the food van but also got I love meat buttons and stickers - too funny. Grandpa had offered them another sleepover night tonight and they more than happily took him up on it.
Mom made us bbq soy pizza for lunch and I sliced up a watermelon. The kids snacked on watermelon because they had just had food. After lunch I took a super long nap on the couch. Dad took the kids for a walk to the park. I woke up a bit before 5PM. We went out to the porch where the kids were playing America's Got Talent and entertaining with dancing and gymnastics.
I went with Dad to pick up El Famous for dinner. I couldn't possibly think about eating anymore but I kept them company while they ate. We watched a new game show and then I left. I feel like I could go to sleep again, that is all the drugs are good for. I am real glad there weren't any polyps found today , I just wish the next one could be 3 years out. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal. Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment