Friday, August 5, 2011

Fun packed day

Average night around here. This morning, Ellie was up first and went down to eat breakfast. I got up and came down to join her. Ellie was already on the phone with Mom. Mom had called to tell me her newest chigger treatments...Listerine. I explained that I would not be taking a bath in Listerine. I woke Nick up around 8:45AM, we had a play date with Tony and Jo and they were coming over at 9:00AM.
Jo and T arrived and we finished getting sunscreen on and our bag packed and then we were off to Pirate's Cove. We had a nice ride out to Elk Grove Village and got there just as they opened. It was superhero day - funny, we were there on superhero day last year. We started off on the paddle boats and then worked our way around the park. We were getting bitten alive by mosquitoes. We called it a day after an hour and a half.
I stopped into Whole Foods to pick up some lecum (homeopathy for chigger bites) and some castile soap. I got a batch for Mom, too. We then went to Ikea for lunch and some shopping. We lucked out and kids eat free in August. We ate and then walked through the store. I was on a mission to find boxes for underneath the beds. Ellie picked out her pattern and Nick chose his. We checked out and got on the road.
We went to a crappy rummage sale and then came home. Jo and T left to go home and we got our swimsuits on to go to the pool. We got to the pool and the kids immediately went to the deep end. Nick practiced more of his jumping and swimming out to me and then back to the wall. We went to the kids slides during safety break and then the tube slides during the second safety break. We ended up being there just a bit under 3 hours.
We came home and got dressed and ran the soap and homeopathy over to Mom's. We came home and had dinner and then Rob came home. Ellie and I finished her book and she caught up on some of her reports. We got the kids up to bed. Nick and I talked about the day while Ellie and Rob put her boxes together and tried them out for size.
I am tired. I have been wearing a pedometer this week for the University of Connecticut study, to get baseline figures. Well, the pedometer showed that I walked double my usual steps today (even with 3 hours at the pool). Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment