Saturday, October 1, 2011

Worn out

I will work backwards...
Today we got out early to hit one of my favorite rummage sales, well usually favorite. We have been buying the same ladies hand me downs for years and she warned me last year that her daughter was in juniors. The funny thing, I didn't call Jo because I thought she would have said no to joining us but low and behold, we pull in and she is honking her horn at us.
I was able to find a few pairs of jeans for Ellie and Jo found me a pair of pants for Nick. While standing in line to check out Nick found a train set that works with the set we have and Ellie found a pair of fall boots. We went our separate ways after the rummage sale. We came home and had lunch. We were then off to the school fun fair. The kids played games and visited with friends and we entered the raffle. We enjoyed the afternoon sun while the kids played in the park.
We came home for a bit before deciding to cruise out for an adventure. We are in need of some pants for Ellie and a Halloween costume for her. I had stocked up on pants for her over the past year or so and now none of them fit her - either too short or too snug in the waist. We had a arm full of clothes at the first thrift store. A couple pairs of jeans for Ellie, brand new infant sets for the kids to design for Pooka and a few shirts for Nick.
We only found method cleaning supplies at Salvation but still a good score because of the price. We found drawer pull knobs at Habitat restore and a few hinges for the kids wooden train panel. We were all hungry and there was a request for Cracker Barrel - so that is where we went. The kids ate well and behaved - hot cocoa kept them busy. We still hadn't found Ellie a costume and she was nervous that we wouldn't (I did remind her that Halloween was like 30 days away). We tried Goodwill. No costume but we did find her a couple more pairs of jeans. We did luck out at Salvation - a bridesmaid dress that we are going to turn into a princess of some sort.
We stopped into Garden Fresh to do some grocery shopping. We came home and had a snack and Ellie and I did some laundry and worked out. I know it was a long day because Ellie asked if she could just go straight to bed without reading and Nick was asleep in less than 10 minutes.
Rob left for Michigan yesterday. He went up with our friend, Brannon. I got a call from him around 10PM saying there was no power when they pulled in. Trees were down everywhere and it looked like a war zone. The strong winds that were here apparently picked up over the lake and really wreaked havoc . They decided to spend the night in the dark and lit some candles. They were painting and doing the cottage close up this weekend.
The kids and I went to a rummage sale last night. We hit a gold mine with pants for Nick. It is so hard to find used pants for him because most boys abuse their knees and butts. We had dinner at Cici's pizza and then came home.
I had an appointment with Patricia yesterday. I asked her to work on my back. I can honestly say I felt better in the hour. I think I had about 4 dozen needles in - neck, shoulders, back. legs and feet. I asked her about my feet and how they seem to be more sensitive lately - could be a good sign because they could be waking up.
Thursday, Ellie had off of school. We went out to Grandma Chocolate's house for a little bit to do some work. We were cut short by ComEd turning off the power in the neighborhood. We did some shopping and had lunch. We hit Trader Joe's and Nick got to push his little cart. The kids watched Annie in the car so the entire rest of the evening was in song to the melody of Annie songs.
I am tired; we traveled a bunch of places over the last few days. The good news is that I now think I am good for clothes for the kids for the fall/winter season. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment