Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Holy cow it's windy

On Monday I went to visit Patricia and really enjoyed my hour. I have one last appointment scheduled for next week and then I will have given my feet a six month try. I went to pick Nick up at Mom and Dad's and we took Tony to school. We joined Mom and Dad for a Costco run.
I tired to start cleaning up the house - a goal now that Nick is back in school.
We had reheat night for dinner and watched Dancing With the Stars. Tuesday was Nick's 1st day of preschool. So much different than last year. No crying on the way there, no pulling him off of my arm, no screaming as he went into school. He kissed me goodbye and said he would see me later.
I stopped at the library to pick up a couple books for Ellie and some travel books for Disney. I came home and started my cleaning endeavors. Mom and Dad came to pick me up and then we picked Nick up. He had a great 1st day of school. A new thing this year is a sunshine journal - his advocate writes a paragraph about what he did during the morning.
We picked up lunch on the way to Grandma Chocolate's. We ate and then got to work. We had a dumpster dropped and Dad and I were able to completely load it and move onto the next area. Mom and Nick did wonders on organizing. We came home and Ellie got home now too much later. I started an early dinner - partially to warm the house up. I made macaroni and cheese and cut up a pineapple. Ellie helped me make a monkey bread for dessert.
We had the kids take their showers and then we had dinner. Ellie and I did wii and then we got the kids to bed. This morning the alarm didn't go off and Ellie didn't come to wake me either. Throws a whole different urgency into the morning. I quickly got clothes ready and Ellie worked to pack a lunch. Ellie got off to the bus - what a cold, rainy week so far. I got Nick to school and then came back here to clean. I was able to get the dining room table cleaned off and a new tablecloth on. I was able to re-organize the kitchen counters. I went to pick Nick up and then we went over to Mom and Dad's to have lunch with Tony.
We took Tony to school and then Nick and I came home. It was rainy and cold and windy and we cuddled on the couch and watched Cars. I baked some cookies - once again really just to warm up the house. Ellie got home from school and did her homework. Nick and Ellie went downstairs to draw and color. I debated pulling some Halloween decorations down but decided to just chance it.
I made pizza for dinner and we re-heated the mac and cheese. We had the leftover fruit and applesauce from the fridge. After I saw the weather report on the 4:30 news I called Mom and Dad to tell them to stay home and keep warm instead of coming over for dinner. The kids watched Halloween Challenge on Food Network while I did wii. We got the kids up to bed. Ellie and I started reading one of her new books.
My back seems to be improving. My feet are not liking the fact that socks need to be worn. It provides a totally new tingling sensation. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment