Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Rain, rain go away

I am in need of sunshine. Let me see what I can remember from the last couple days. We've been doing a bunch of hanging around at home because of the rain.
Today I spent all day cleaning. I started on the dining room table and progressed to emptying out a few of my boxes-o-crap. That led to piles that needed to be put downstairs. When I took the piles downstairs I felt the need to actually put the stuff away. A couple hours later...the basement was clean.
I even got re-motivated before Ellie came home and tackled the gift closet downstairs. It is a catch all - gifts, papergoods, craft things, food pantry and paper filing. I got everything taken out of bags and put away, vacuumed the shelves and floor and completely organized.
The kids played outside with the neighbors until the rain started again. Since the basement was clean they came inside to play. It was cute to overhear them. I roasted peppers in the kitchen and tried to start organizing in there.
Mom and Dad came over for dinner. The kids did a fashion show with their possible Halloween costumes from our costume bin. Nick has about a dozen choices - might have to keep looking at garage sales for Ellie. Mom and Dad left and I got the kids to sleep - wasn't too bad if they stayed up a bit longer because Ellie doesn't have school tomorrow.
Last week, while trying to climb over the gate upstairs instead of simply opening it. I rammed my knee into the door moulding. It was one of those shocking, instant pains. Flash forward to today, I think it hurts more today than the last 5.
Monday was Rob's birthday. He woke up and went to work and realized on the way that he had a flat tire. Nick and I had lunch over at Mom's and then took Tony to school. We did a Costco run in the afternoon. I was trying to replace Rob's razor but they only had a very pricey one and Rob goes through them too quickly to pay much for them.
We went to Red Robin for dinner. Rob and Ellie strayed from their usual choices and tried new things. Rob's burger a hit, Ellie's ribs not so much. We came home and watched Dancing while eating birthday cookies.
I have been sleeping on the couch for way too many nights. I get tired around 2:30AM and watch some tv and then end up falling out on the couch. Around 5AM on Tuesday morning I heard a huge drum sound. It woke me up and I realized that we had no power. I thought that it must have been the weather than caused the power to go out. I found my cellphone and called ComEd. I was told power should be restored in a couple hours. My big worry was the rain and our sump pump not running.
Power was back on before Rob left for work. I later found out that it wasn't weather related and a stupid driver (most likely DUI) ran into 2 electrical poles about 10 blocks away. Yesterday, Nick and I ran to the library to return books. Not too much else really, we hung out here.
My feet seem to be more temperamental these days. I am not sure if the nerves are waking up or revolting. Patricia told me that other people who have been taking the Lion's mane have claimed they have noticed a difference. My back has started hurting - hasn't hurt in a long time. I think it is probably a combo of a couple long car trips, really bad hotel mattresses, nights on the couch and exercising. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment