Thursday, October 13, 2011

Is it Friday yet?

Easiest way is to work backwards...
Today we got Ellie off to school and then Nick and I had some cuddle time on the couch watching Herbie. Mom and Dad picked us up mid morning to head to Grandma Chocolate's house. We stopped by the post office and Cancer Wellness Center first...I dropped of the raffle tickets Mom, the GGs and I purchased - thank you all. We picked up lunch and went to the house. We ate and then got to work. Dad and I were able to get so far today that I was able to mop the basement before we left.
We came home and relaxed and waited for Ellie to get home from school. Ellie did her homework when she got home and then we went to Meijer. We got 2 of the biggest pumpkins ever - I almost needed to get another cart just to house the pumpkins. We picked up dinner and other essentials. We got 6 pounds of apples to make apple sauce for dinner. We came home and unpacked and got dinner going. We ate and watched Aladdin on tv. We got the kids to sleep and have just been relaxing on the couch.
Yesterday was a crazy day. Ellie woke up coughing...the kids of cough that produces vomit. She had a slight fever and the vomit persisted. I called her into school and took her over to Mom's house. Nick and I had his open house at school. Preschool was fun. New teachers this year, a new advocate for Nick and a new name - now the little wolf pack. I quickly took Nick over to Mom's and was able to give Ms. Kate a quick kiss before heading downtown.
I had an interesting opportunity present itself this week. A casting company in the city was looking for young adult cancer survivors for a commercial. I applied and got the opportunity to audition yesterday. The interview itself wasn't more than 10-15 minutes. I was asked about my diagnosis and care, my family, my life. All I know is it is a commercial for GE and I needed to have had a CT or PET scan in conjunction with my care. Fingers crossed and positive thoughts welcome!
I went back to Mom's and we had lunch. Mom worked on finishing Ellie's curtains. Ellie was feeling a bit better after lunch time. I went home and hung the curtains - which look great and I picked up some food and Rob. We decided to just stay at Mom's house for dinner. I made potatoes and asparagus, Mom had veggie burgers, fruit and corn pudding. We finished dinner and headed home to get the kids into the shower and then into bed.
I cannot for the life of me remember what I did on Tuesday. I think I cleaned up around here. I know that Nick and I cleaned the back room up and I vacuumed the first floor. I know we made cinnamon raisin french toast for dinner and Ellie made a strawberry-kiwi sauce to top it off. The rest of the days happenings are no longer anywhere in my head.
I have had on and off back pain issues. Ironically, I slept in bed last night (opposed to the couch) and I woke up with a worse back. My feet seem to be in a perpetual tingly stage. Oh, I forgot to say...when we were at open house one of the little boys in his class - I went to high school with the mom. We caught up over the open house - too funny. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment