Monday, October 10, 2011

Another beautiful day

Working backwards...Today Ellie and Rob had off for Columbus Day. We had breakfast and then Rob took Nick to Lowes to buy the remaining wood for the train outside and Ellie came with me for my visit with Patricia. I have been talking to Patricia about doing work on Ellie for her migraines and also asthma/allergies. Ellie sat on the chair and watched and did some artwork while I was healing.
Patricia worked on my back again. It felt good and the calm has remained all day. We stopped in at the senior craft/crap fair after. We were able to pick up some Halloween decorations and a Superman costume for Rob. We came home and had lunch - the kids played with the neighbors for a bit. Speaking of neighbors, our went apple picking and bought us back apples and cider - how very nice.
Mom and Dad picked us up and we went up to Grandma Chocolate's house. We figured with 3 adults we could get some major work done in the basement - and we did. We came home and the kids went straight outside. I worked with Rob to finish up the train - looks great. I stained the front and now we just need the lights to be wired up.
I found a gift card for Chili's so that is what we had for dinner. They have a new trio of grilled veggie tacos that are quite tasty. Ellie and I did Just Dance and Rob and Nick watched Annie. We got the kids to sleep and relaxed on the couch for a bit.
Yesterday we were on for nursery duty at Church. Nick got to move into the next group so it was just us and 1 baby in nursery. Nick was so happy to be able to do a craft.The trees are so pretty around Church right now. We visited for a bit after and then headed home. Rob worked on the train, I got my ingredients ready for Jo's party. Jo's coworkers were having a work party for her and invited Mom, Ellie and me. I made my pesto salad to bring with.
Mom picked Ellie and me up and we headed over to Marsha's house. They had made the party Eclipse themed - very elegant shower with the black, white and red. Marsha had quite the spread of food and party games to boot. We had lots of laughs and Pooka will be very well dressed. Mom brought us home and I got dinner together. We got the kids into a shower and then to bed.
Saturday, hmmm, having trouble recalling Saturday. I know we went over to Mom and Dad's for a bit. I know Rob worked in the morning. I think we played outside in the yard all afternoon. I know I stained the train because in moving the gallon of stain I spilled it all over my foot and shoe. Now my left foot is slightly darker and shinier than my right. We went to Mariano's in the evening to get dinner, groceries and taffy apples.
I am slightly relieved the closest Mariano's is a bit away because dinner and the taffy apples were quite decadent. Rob and the kids had sandwiches, I had the grilled veggie pizza and we all enjoyed. The apples they have right now are humongous. They are huge apples to begin with but then they are very generous on the caramel and even more generous on the toppings. The bags are labeled 22ounces but I am pretty sure they are more.
It was Ellie's first time shopping there and she loved it and all the samples. We came home and got the kids to bed. Let's see what else is new...we keep adding to our outdoor Halloween decorations. I thoughts about dressing the scarecrows up in costumes - might be too much. Feet are still the same. I always hope that one day I will wake up, put my feet on the floor and not feel tingles. We go for the open house at preschool on Wednesday - Nick is excited. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you and Rob for all of your help. I'm happy that Patricia is going to work with Ellie. I know what you mean about the tinglies...I keep waking up thinking I will have use of my thumb again. Hopefully time will heal our nerve endings! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete