Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Woohoo for sun

Rob came home early on Sunday morning...no power or heat led to not being able to be too productive up at the cottage. I went into organizational mode. Rob built me some new shelves for my closet and installed them. Every time I grab a sweater a pile of at least 10 fall down. The new shelves let me stack all my sweaters and all the sheet sets for our bed and I even have an empty shelf.
I got major amounts of laundry done and even more put away. I was able to clean off part of my dresser. Ellie really wanted to make cupcakes for family Sunday. I got her out a bowl but she did the rest. She decorated each differently with sprinkles, nuts and fudge and white frosting. Rob worked to clean out his car while the kids enjoyed the sunshine outside.
We went over to Mom and Dad's for family Sunday. Quite a spread, like always, vegan paella, salmon, salad, corn pudding, applesauce, Grandma GGs white pasta and cauliflower. We had a lovely dinner on the porch. The kids provided entertainment as always. We came home and got the kids into a bath and then to bed.
Yesterday, I woke up with a bad back. It moved up from where it was last week. Luckily, I had an appointment with Patricia. I took Nick over to Mom and Dad's and then was off for some relief. Patricia could feel the knots - more on the right side than the left. I think there were several dozen needles in, Patrica even stood back to admire her work. I had a histamine reaction on the right side. I can honestly say that I felt better by the end of the session.
I stopped at Trader Joe's on the way back to Mom's to pick up some stuff for Millietime. When I got to Mom's she was re-melting our project from last week. We tried to make it better. It was better on the color front but ultimately we used the same mold and not the newly acquired molds. We had dinner and then Nick and I headed home to cook and to pick up Ellie.
I made a pesto couscous and garlic crostini for Millietime. We picked up Ellie from school and then went back to Mom's to drive together to Millies. Ellie did her homework, I sampled Mom's vegan noodle kugel - delish!We went over to Mrs. B's for Millies. It has been too long since we got together. We got to Skype with Kelly and Molly. The kids enjoyed playing with each other.
Today when I woke up my back felt completely better. Nick and I went up to Grandma Chocolate's house with Mom and Dad. Dad and I were really able to make incredible progress in the basement. We left and had lunch and then a bit of shopping at Michaels. Mom and Dad took us home and we relaxed until Ellie got home.
After homework was done the kids were outside enjoying the weather. I went out and pulled out Halloween decorations. The kids all helped and were thrilled to decorate. It was nice not having to do it alone. We got the lights up and all the pumpkins hanging in the trees. We came in and the kids showered and we had dinner. Rob got home and we decided to get the kids to bed early. Nick has been waking up a couple times a night and he is lacking some sleep.
I think my body didn't like something I did today because I have all left side back pain now. Hot pad seems to be helping a bit. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of your help today! I'm impressed that you already got Halloween up! Sorry about your back...try sitting on the recliner in the living room instead of on the chairs in the dining room or the sofa in the back room...maybe a different kind of support will help? Thanks again...you're a gem! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete