Saturday, October 22, 2011

Beautiful fall day

Just a quick update on life...
Today we started off at the Cancer Wellness rummage sale. I was able to get a few shirts and sweaters for me and a couple things for Pooka. Nick found a car hauler truck and Ellie found some carved wood matryoshka pens (pretty cool). We came home and the kids got into their costumes and we drove down to Lincoln Park zoo. Only problem was we were not the only people who had that idea. We drove around the loop trying to find a parking space for about 20 minutes before deciding that was not the plan for the day.
We went to Mom and Dad's to hang out - Jo, Ole and Tony had the same idea. I gave Jo a pedicure and Tony wanted in on the action. I cut his toe and finger nails and gave him a massage. Jo had a hankering for caramels and Mom made her wish come true by making a batch. Ellie helped Mom get together trick or treat bags. The boys played outside in the yard.
We picked up pizza on the way home. We had dinner and I put some laundry in and then away. Ellie finished up her homework. Rob and Nick played cars. We got the kids to sleep and have just been relaxing on the couch. Something stinks in our house. I can smell it when I walk in the house but then really downstairs - I think it is the sump pump.
Yesterday was a laid back day. Nick and I went grocery shopping with Mom and Dad. Last night we went to Park Center for their Halloween event. Rob said it was much better organized and designed this year. The kids got to dress in costume and trick or treat, play games, jump in the bounce houses, see a magic show and do crafts. We went to Cici's after the event for dinner.
Thursday Nick finished his 1st week of school and still loves it. We went out to Grandma Chocolate's in the afternoon and met with an estate sale lady who told us there wasn't enough for her to do a sale. Dad and I continued to work - we got a closet cleared out and ready for Salvation to pick up. I found a very chic "PanAm" coat and a sequin top that I could either be Liza Minnelli in or festive to wear to a formal event.
Thursday night we had Millietime here at our house. The nice part of the change of seasons is that we have new food again. I made potato pancakes and spinach artichoke appetizers. Ellie made a herb cheese pull apart bread. We had a little shower for Jo. Mom had the idea of personally decorated bibs for Pooka - it was fun to see every ones creativity. Mom made very tasty vegan carrot oat bars.
I am experiencing phantom port pain. I asked Patricia about it last week and she said it is most likely scar tissue and that she could do acupuncture to the site - I think that would really hurt. My back seems to be pretty much back to normal - yeah! Feet are the same as they have been with the minor change that my toes seem to be back to almost normal. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of your help with everything. I got the remaining caramel cut and wrapped...it looks so pretty. I think we did a great job and we took care of one of Jo's cravings to boot! It was a pretty perfect day. How's Nick's cheek? I think it was great that the kids got to run around outside since they've been cooped up for so long because of the weather. Again, thanks for EVERYTHING! You help to make my life easier! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete