Friday, October 28, 2011

Seems like a long week

I thought about blogging last night and now regret that I didn't because I don't think I will recall the last 3 days accurately.
Wednesday morning I got Ellie off to the bus and then Nick off to school. I ran to Target and picked up cleaning supplies and paper products. I still had an hour so I ran into Farm Fresh and did some shopping for dinner. I really liked the roasted veggie so I picked up more peppers, asparagus, cauliflower, zucchini and squash. I picked up the makings for tacos for dinner. I still had 30 minutes so I ran into Tuesday Morning but found nothing we needed.
I picked Nick up from school and we came home and I roasted the veggies. We had lunch and then Mom and Dad picked us up for an afternoon adventure. We went to Whole Foods and Target. Nick double fisted samples and then we came home.
Ellie came home from school and we did her homework. Mom and Dad came for dinner and we had tacos and the roasted veggies - cauliflower was super delicious. We watched the Middle and then got the kids to bed.
Thursday was Nick's Halloween parade at school. For the past 2 months his answer to what are you going to be for Halloween has been a chicken. It was 3 minutes before we needed to leave for school and Nick said it wasn't Halloween and only school and he didn't want to be a chicken. We raced downstairs and raided the costume bin and found his train costume. I dropped him at school and then went home to work on the tub. I was able to get all the caulk removed from the tub and around it and prepared for caulk.
Mom and Dad came to pick me up and we went to get Nick. We went up to Grandma Chocolate's house and got a ton accomplished. Ellie had her last cooking class - they made apple crisp. When I went to pick her up she asked if we could make it for dessert. We stopped at the store for the ingredients. We had homemade pizzas for dinner and Ellie's apple crisp for dessert. The kids watched Charlie Brown and then we got them into bed.
Today was sort of a laid back morning. Nick and I went to eat lunch with Rob at work. Nick got to trick or treat around the school and show off his pirate costume (not Halloween couldn't wear the chicken). Rob was a pirate too - it was cute. We stopped off at Mom's and we watched Kiki's Delivery Service - a new movie from the makers of Ponyo.
We came home just in time for Ellie. We ran to BigLots for some things we needed and talked about having a family movie night. We made popcorn and had sundaes and watched Addams Family int he basement. Busy weekend ahead - lots of Halloween activities and events tomorrow. Rob is filming a wedding tomorrow. Family Sunday on Sunday. Should be fun but I think the sugar high will be immense. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment