Sunday, October 16, 2011

I really dislike leaves

We started today with breakfast and then got in the car for a drive. Rob needed some things at Harbor Freight in Arlington Heights. While Rob was there the kids and I went to Kohls. We found Ellie's lunchbox for next year on clearance for $3.59. I found a couple replacement t-shirts - I have been rather sloppy on the stains lately. We stopped in at Whole Foods and lucked into a major amount of samples. We stopped at Goodwill to see if we could find the last costume pieces we needed. Rob is going to be a pirate and we were able to find him pants and a shirt to cut off.
We ran into Menards to pick up a new furnace filter and then we came home. Rob and I started on the first of many leave clean ups. The sad part is our trees haven't even lost their leaves yet. We have 2 ginormous piles of leaves. The kids played nicely with our neighbors. I did a couple loads of laundry. We went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner.
We had a nice dinner of chili-mac, applesauce, fruit and salsa and chips. We had Ellie's cupcakes for dessert. We came home and Ellie and I did wii and Nick and Rob watched JayJay. We got the kids into bed and relaxed on the couch.
Yesterday was one big shopping adventure. We started out at the Boy Scout rummage sale and found a couple things - a fall weight coat for Ellie, a robot for Nick and a couple t-shirts to do something with down the line. We went to another rummage sale in Evanston and found some bargains. Clothes were fill a bag for $5 and then we found some craft things. That is where we picked up the inspiration vest for Rob being a pirate.
We took a long car ride out to East Dundee. Ellie really wanted to go to a thrift store out there that we usually fins her Halloween costumes at. We were not disappointed. Ellie found two possible costumes - Supergirl and this pink vinyl dress that we were thinking Barbie. Our amazing find there was a Mary Engelbreit twin sized bedskirt.
We stopped by Sur la Table mainly for a washroom stop but found a couple things on the clearance rack. We headed home and Rob had just got home too. It was Sweetest day but we had no major plans. We quickly flipped through the tv guide channel and found that Bugs Life was on that night. I helped Ellie get her ingredients ready for cupcakes and I chopped tomatoes for salsa. I ran out to Target to get ice cream and ingredients for banana split sundaes. I came home and the kids were in the pajamas and had made popcorn for the movie.
We watched the movie down stairs and started with our popcorn and then made our own sundaes. The movie was cute and the kids went to bed soon after the movie was over.
Friday, Nick and I hung out in the morning. We got to sneak a lunch date in with Julie and Karlton. They breezed into town for about 36 hours and we were lucky enough to meet for a quick meal. After, Nick and I went to pick up Just Dance 3 - love it! We tried it out when Ellie got home from school. I got some laundry done and we had a laid back night.
This post seems to have taken forever to put together because I have been catching up on tv while blogging. Feet are basically the same as usual. My back seems to be getting better but it depends on what I have done during the day. My left knee (the one I banged into the molding) is super stiff and not so happy. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment