Friday, October 7, 2011

Catching up

Been a few productive days but also laid back days. Didn't really do too much today. We went to Mom and Dad's and had lunch, watched some videos and took a walk. We came home and played outside until it was dark. I made pizza for dinner and we got the kids into a shower and then bed.
Yesterday, Dad chaperoned Ellie's field trip to Miami Woods. Ellie had asked if Dad could come with and he said yes. They spread seeds, caught and looked at bugs and observed nature. They had a truly beautiful day to be out in the woods. Mom came over and finished Nick's curtains, they looks great. I was even able to remove the room darkening film from his windows. We also finished up the craft project for the get together for Jo and her coworkers.
After Ellie came home from school, she asked if she could go over to Catherine's house. Rob came home and worked on the train for a bit - looks good just needs the control panel mounted and the front face of the train. I took Ellie (and her American Girl) over to Catherine's. Nick asked if he could play with Su'nana and I ended up staying and visiting with Christi. We stayed until it got dark and came home and had dinner and got ready for bed. Rob volunteered to get Nick to sleep.
Wednesday Nick got to go to college. He was eligible for a new study int he early learning lab. He was so funny, he took his backpack full of toys with him. This was the first time he went with the student alone and I got to sit outside and listen. He talked non-stop right through the study. It was looking at preference. 3 stories were read and Nick had to choose his favorite and tell her why he chose it.
We walked over to the lake after the study. We ran into Target to look through Halloween decorations but really didn't find anything. We came home and had lunch and then ventured out to Menards. We were able to pick up scarecrow heads and corn stalks there. We came home and decorated the front yard a bit more. Ellie came home and played outside until Mom and Dad came for dinner.
We had a nice dinner together and then we watched the Middle. Mom helped Ellie study for her states test. Dad read Nick a book. Ellie got 104% on her test (bonus 4% for knowing which river was in the region).
I know I will regret writing this thought (because that is always what happens when I write about it) but I am totally sleeping right now. I have been falling asleep a bit before 1AM and sleeping until 7:30AM. The knee I bumped into the molding a couple weeks ago has been acting up and doesn't feel so great. My back had been better - easily repaired with the hot pad. I picked a bumper crop of tomatoes today - incredible that I still am getting red tomatoes in October. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment