Sunday, February 2, 2014

Year of the Horse

So if you know our family...you know that we celebrate any ol' time we can. Happy Chinese New Year!
Thursday morning I went to Costco with Mom and Dad. Replenished some basics for around the house. We stopped into Super H to pick up some things for the celebration. I really have nothing to say except, "Fresh Fish." I despise the smell in that store.
Friday morning Rob got the kids off to school before he left. I did some thrifting and it was the start to my great find weekend. I found some great neckties, craft kits/supplies, puzzles, toys and more. I got home in time to research a bit before getting Nick from the bus. Ellie came home and asked if she could have Catherine come over to play. They played for a while and then we went to Cici's for dinner.
Saturday morning we awoke to snow a plenty. We divided and conquered. Rob took Ellie and Nick to the church winter carnival. They were all set up to volunteer for a bit of the time and then they would have time to play the games, too. I was off to pick up a massive lot of Legos I found on craigslist. When I saw the ad, I quickly researched a couple of the set numbers and found that one set alone, if complete, would pay for the lot. I hit Salvation in Skokie on the way home and was able to find some shirts for Ellie. I stopped into Unique, 50% off sale. I walked in and they were just putting a Monopoly pinball machine behind the counter. I got it - I think it is brand new in box, the box seems factory glued shut. I got home and began building my moneymaking lego set. Rob and the kids got home soon after. We spent all afternoon completing the set. The good news, the actual lego bricks are complete, I am missing a couple of the figures. Ellie and Rob helped me and we color sorted all the rest of the bricks. We picked up dinner from Dengeos.
This morning Rob and Ellie went to church and Nick and I went to Mariano's. At 9 in the morning, they were crowded as people prepared for the game. We came home and I helped Nick build a lego set he wanted to keep. Ellie and Rob came home from church. I saw an ad for a moving sale in Skokie that had a specific brand scrapbook stuff. Ellie and I took a ride and I scored! After some negotiating, I bought her entire supply and it will be paid for when just one item sells. We went to Mom and Dad's for family Sunday. Mom had a Chinese spread - spring rolls, rangoon, lo mein, fried rice, mixed veggies, sweet n sour chicken. Almond cookies and sticky rice cake for dessert. It was nice to see the sunshine for a bit.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment