Thursday, February 20, 2014

Let's Just Say Frozen

Ok, ok, forgot to blog...frozen brain. Let's see if I can recall the happenings these past couple days. Monday morning I got the kids off onto the bus and traded cars with Rob. His car needed an oil change and brakes. I walked out to the car and found ice at the end of the walkway and quickly found the ground. I drove up to Bredemann with books to read while I sat to wait. I got to read about cool things we might want to do on our spring break vacation. Turns out that it was only an oil change needed - brakes are at about 50% and they said I would be prematurely spending money on them. It was massively snowing, blizzard like snow when I left. I needed to get some groceries, though. I stopped at Trader Joe's and should have made a list of what I really needed but didn't. I got out to the car was driving away and remembered I didn't get what I really needed, chocolate milk boxes for Nick's lunches. I ended up hitting Meijer. I got home and put groceries away. I took a shower to have the heat hit my knees. I decided it was time to begin our taxes and spent the afternoon organizing and beginning to input data. I walked down to get Nick from the bus and was inside a fierce snow globe. My hair was white and covered about an inch thick of snow when we came home. In under 2 hours about 3 inches of snow had fallen. It stopped eventually but it was so weird.
Tuesday it got warm enough to begin to melt...how truly, weird. Rob didn't have to go into to work until noon so we went out to breakfast. We tried Alexander's downtown...we had a really nice breakfast. I went to volunteer and Rob went to get his haircut. I went out with Mom and Dad afterwards. We went to Hallmark and the dollar store. It was about 50* by the time the kids got home from school. They finally had packing snow and wanted to play outside. They spent about an hour building a snowman. They were very proud of it. They came in and had cocoa and took hot showers.
Wednesday I got the kids on the bus and headed out to Dean and Lauren's. I was watching Savvi when they took Kenzie to the doctor. It was nice because Savvi was a bit more awake and we got to look at each other for a while before she knocked out. I finally got to cuddle with Kenzie. I left after lunch and was able to stop at Goodwill on the way home. Mom and Dad came over for dinner. We had chick'n sandwiches, fruit, green beans, asparagus, and sweet potatoes. Mom baked cookies for dessert. The kids entertained us with a dance recital and then we watched the Olympics for a bit.
Today - we need to build an ark because it is to be about 50* again and suppose to rain all day. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment