Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Welcome to the World

Ellie woke me up early Monday morning with a headache. It was instantly clear she was not going to school. I took Nick to the bus but it wasn't there and I drove him to school with our neighbors. I did listings while Ellie watched movies on the couch. By the afternoon she felt better and came in to help me research and list. I got Nick from the bus and we waited for Rob to come home. Rob stayed with Ellie while I took Nick for his haircut. When we were walking from the car, I saw a man pacing inside the salon...it was Ole. Ole has become the "creepy" man who is much too old to be getting his haircut as Kid Snips without his child there. I got a pretty exciting text as we were leaving...Dean and Lauren were on their way to the hospital to have their twins. We got the text later in the evening that Savannah and Mackenzie were the newest members in the family. Congratulations to the Henderson's.
Tuesday I got the kids to school and started to build more lego sets. I volunteered at school. I came home and started a huge pot of veggie soup for dinner. Nick got off the bus with a very red eye and a hoarse voice. We didn't give him a shower after the haircut and I think he got a tiny hair in his eye. We did homework and had an early dinner. Ellie went to get some more noodles from the fridge and a quart container of soup fell out and broke. It was gross and a pain to clean up...it was everywhere.
Today Rob got the kids off onto the bus and I got my packages ready to mail. This morning was a silent re-opening of Avenues Thrift. I stopped there and their prices have gone up. I did find a couple new sweaters, some pancake molds, and a scent burner. I visited with Dean and Lauren this afternoon at the hospital. We had a nice visit and I even got to see Savannah as I was leaving. She was being discharged from nicu and was on her way to the floor nursery. We got another deluge of snow today so we decided to go over to Mom and Dad's for dinner and save them the trip here. We stayed for a little visit before heading home to watch the Middle.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment