Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday

We ventured north today to Milwaukee. Mom, Dad, Jo, Ole, Tony, and Matteo were here to start our journey early this morning. We drove to La Estacion for brunch. It was busy - we have never really had to wait there that long for a table. We all filled our bellies. We went to the Domes to see the train exhibit. It was Steampunk themed this year. We saw some interesting people. There was face painting and a craft. It was a nice day to be together and out and about. We drove back home and Ellie finished her homework, Rob did some editing, I tried to finalize our spring break reservations, and Nick watched a video.
Thursday I got the kids off to school and went up to spend the morning with Lauren and Savannah. I got to hold her for a couple hours and feed her. Looking forward to spending more time with them. I came home and hit a couple thrift stores on the way home. Rob worked on Thursday night. Ellie had yearbook club after school. The kids and I had dinner together.
Friday was Valentine's Day. I did my party prep in the morning. The party in Nick's room went great. We made bookmarks, pictures, love goggles, decorated cookies, and played bingo. Rob worked in the evening so the kids and I went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner. We ordered El Famous and had a nice dinner together before heading home.
Rob had to work on Saturday so the kids and I were trying to think about what we should do... we called Jo to see if they would come over for a play date. The kids loved playing together and really had a fun time. We went to Target in the afternoon and checked out clearance. We had an appetizer party for dinner...a late Valentine party.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Loved our adventure into Steampunk...we live a very plain life I think. I did like the little fascinators...did you see the black and white check with the chess piece? Glad you had the play date with the boys! Take care driving tomorrow...I think you'll be ok in the morning...seems the bad stuff is more in the afternoon. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete