Sunday, January 19, 2014

I Did It

So I went for a haircut on Thursday. This would be my first haircut in about 5 years. I  have been researching salons for a while and found a local one that specializes in curly hair. Bette cut about 24" off my head, it could have been 30" but she wasn't sure how much elasticity my curls were going to have. I was very happy with the cut and the curl education. I stopped at Mom's afterwards and got to visit with her and Mrs. B. I came home and got my hair listed on ebay. Hey, it is my hair, I can do what I want with it. Nick came off the bus and told me I looked weird. Ellie just kept telling me how much her friend was going to freak out. Rob was proud of me. We went out to Red Robin for dinner.
Friday I did some thrifting in the city. I fit Unique and found a couple mugs, a flat iron, and a stitch kit. Rob had to work late on Friday. It was snowing by the time the kids got off the bus. We went to Costco to replenish lunch supplies. We ran into Target because the kids still have gift cards burning holes in their wallets. We came home and had dinner.
Saturday morning Ellie and I ran to Kohl's. I realized that she has grown so much that she needs some new shirts. I originally thought we would go to Salvation but I thought we would check Kohl's clearance first. We found long sleeve shirts in the athletic section that Ellie really liked and they were less than $5.00 each. We walked around the mall and Ellie found a couple things at Claire's. We came home and Rob went to work. I made a batch of pumpkin muffins for the week. Ellie made some cookies. When Rob got home we left to go and visit Dean and Lauren. We picked up dinner on the way and the kids got to play for a couple hours. Luckily, the roads were a bunch cleaner on the way home.
Today we started the day at church. I did a bit of grocery shopping on the way home. Ellie made a batch of vegan cupcakes to take to Mom's house. I made a big pot of apple cherry sauce. Nick played with Legos all day. Ellie worked a bit on her school crest project. We went to Mom and Dad's house for dinner. We ordered El Famous and Mom had made tortilla soup. The kids got to have some playtime and we played scrabble. We came home and Ellie showered and we got ready for bed.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment