Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cold, Wind, and Snow

I am not who pissed off Mother Nature but they should apologize. I am sitting in the back room typing this and I swear the curtains are moving occasionally from the wind outside. I am pretty sure it hasn't really stopped snowing in days. Now we are in the running to break the record for the coldest day in Chicago history. Ellie and Nick will be home tomorrow because East Prairie has canceled due to the inclement weather. It is supposed to be -30 to -50 in the morning. Although we were all ready to get back to life...I am happy they don't need to be out waiting for the bus that may/may not arrive tomorrow morning.
On Thursday we were going to meet my friend Laura and her girls to bowl but they called us and were sick. We made a quick Plan B. We all went to see Frozen. It was a cut movie and we were basically alone in the theater. We came home and the kids packed up for their overnight at Mom and Dad's house. It took about 30 minutes to drive to their house in the snow. Rob and I wanted to avoid the snow and cold so I brought dinner home and we cuddles up and watched some movie on Netflix.
Friday morning I did some ebay listing. I went and picked the kids up and we came home and relaxed. I can't really remember all we did he rest of Friday - I think we didn't do anything.
Saturday morning Robe went over to work a bit at his side job. The kids and I ventured out to Mom and Dad's house. We put together 2 puzzles. Dad and Nick played with trains and then did some work with the erector set. Ellie worked on her spa creations until the porch smelled like a peppermint stick. We came home and I saw a bunch of friends commenting about grocery shopping which triggered me to want to go shopping. Ellie and I braved the elements and went to Mariano's. It was like people were prepping for a disaster. The produce shelves were empty. The bakery baskets had a few packs of hot dog rolls. The meat section was bare. The worker in produce said their trucks couldn't deliver. We were able to get enough to last us a couple days.
Today Rob went out to shovel and try to find the paper. He successfully shoveled but we will have to wait until a thaw to find the paper. I didn't get out of my pajamas all day. Nick stayed in his pajamas, too. Ellie did the second round of shoveling and then showered and got dressed. We pulled all the LEGO bins upstairs and let the kids go nuts today. I put away some of Christmas. The tree is still up but I got down all the mantle stuff. I was able to get a couple listings up onto ebay. It has been a good selling weekend - I guess when it is cold - people turn to ebay. I made a batch of macaroni and cheese for dinner with mummy wrapped hot dogs. Ellie made a batch of brownies.
Hope everyone stays warm and safe.
Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment