Thursday, January 9, 2014

I am Blaming the Inclement Weather

This week has my life all jumbled up and I honestly haven't known which day is which, thus forgetting last night was Wednesday and posting. We were in the "polar vortex" section of the US early in the week. The kids didn't have school on Monday or Tuesday but Rob had to go into work since he is a 12 month employee. I kid you not...the kids and I were in our pajamas from Saturday night through Tuesday.
On Monday they went down to the basement and printed out instruction sheets to Lego sets and built happily for quite some time. It allowed me time to list a few dozen things on my last free day. We needed to warm the house up in the very cold temperatures, so be baked. Ellie started complaining her ear was bugging her in the late afternoon. I called the doctor but they couldn't get us in on Monday but found an appointment first thing Tuesday morning. We had no mail on Monday but I had 2 bags of mail to go out. Rob nicely ran to the post office for me when he got home from work. Ellie requested soup for dinner. I had a batch of tortilla soup frozen and we made mummy veggie dogs to go with it.
Tuesday morning we braced for the cold and dressed in layers. Only the front doors of the car would open so Nick and Ellie had to climb into the backseat from the front. We were able to get the appointment at Lincolnwood so we didn't have to walk far from the car into the office. Ellie was seen right away. She had redness in one side and an infection in the other. The big push is to not treat with anti-biotics so we were told she could have ibuprofen and Tylenol. We went to Mom and Dad's for a bit after. Teo and Tony were there because they also had a inclement weather day. We came home and I was able to list a bit more. I finally planned ahead enough to try out this pottery bread bowl I thirfted a while back. You need to let the bread rise for 5 hours in the pot and I never plan ahead enough to have that happen. I made a huge pot of veggie soup with faux chicken and noodles. We had homemade bread and potato cakes, too. We worked to get the kids in bed early to be up for school.
Wednesday morning, still in the negative degrees outside, the bus was a no show. I drove the kids to school and got on the road. I hadn't been out alone in weeks. I went to Salvation, Goodwill, Savers, Meijer. I spent the day out and felt so accomplished. I talked with Mom and Dad and told them to not come over. It was still cold out and not worth getting sick. The kids facetime'd with them. We had a make your own nacho bar for dinner. Rob and I worked and got Christmas down and packed.
Today I started the car warming up just in case the bus was a now show - probably cursed myself because sure enough - I drove the kids to school. I did my Unique run this morning. So funny to see all the objects marking people's parking spots in the city. I picked Mom and Dad up and we went to Whole Foods and Costco. It was fun to get out 2 days in a row. We came out of Costco and it was snowing though. When Rob got home from work, Ellie and I ran to the library. She was thrilled because her card finally expired. She has been asking to replace her card for years because she signed it when she was 5 and didn't like that signature. We came home and had dinner. Rob and I got the kids trees down and packed and then the basement organized.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to tell you today that it was apparently not Wednesday for you yesterday. You know, when you don't post, there are a few of us who don't know what day it is! Thanks for driving...we got a lot done! Dad and I went for long overdue haircuts this afternoon...it was packed! We'll talk in the am...yes, it's been a crazy week! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete