Thursday, January 2, 2014

And the New Year Brings Snow

I have to say the kids are loving the snow. They were out a couple times playing in it and shoveling. I think it has snowed for about 30 hours now and more is still expected.
Monday the kids and I hoped in the car and drove out Northwest. We started at Community in West Dundee. I am proud of my wee ones for having 'the eye'. Ellie found most of my toy purchases. I found a bag of stitch kits. New in box Handy Manny set. The kids found a couple board games. We stopped at Target to look through clearance. We hit the new Goodwill in Hoffman Estates. I found a couple ties and some neat book/card sets for tarot and crystals. We went to the new Savers. Found a new in package cross stitch kit...one on ebay currently for $75.00. Scored some great toys - bag of duplo bricks, leap frog set...and I had 25% off because it was Monday. We went grocery shopping at Meijer. Ellie raided the Christmas candy clearance. We made pizzas for dinner and watched a video.
Tuesday we did some baking in the morning. We made a couple batches of cookies for New Years Eve. We were going to try to hit Costco but the lot was packed. We ran to Target instead and Nick found the Lego train set he wanted for Christmas. We did a quick run through at Whole Foods to use my coupon that was expiring. We came home and Ellie frosted cookies and Nick helped a bit. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Jo, Ole and the boys were back home from their trip and joined us, Katherine, too. Mom made a bunch of Polish food. The kids were so happy to be able to play together. We came home and had a count down to 10:00.
This morning I decided to start listing. I have free listings through the 6th and I wasn't planning on listing while the kids were home for break but the free listings not being used are killing me. I got some of my art stuff listed. Nick worked diligently on his train set - all day. Rob took them out to play for a bit and then took them to Mt. Trashmore but it was too cold and really crowded. I made cocoa and they showered when they got back to warm up. Ellie worked on her book report for school. Rob did some editing. Rob braved the elements to pick up dinner. I went to move his car across the street for plowing and it took a while to be able to get through the snow to turn around.
Hoping everyone is staying warm in the snow storm. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment